Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
    Hmmm... Hotfix applied, pCP updated to 5.0.0, just to be sure have closed down pCP and rebooted by reapplying power supply (off/.../on), LMS not autostarting even though pCP is set to auto start it, tried to start LMS from LMS page... error message "[ INFO ] Starting LMS...
    [ INFO ] The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name"

Regards, David
    Serverrpi3 pCP4.1.1 LMS7.9.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 4.0.0

> Hmmm... Hotfix applied, pCP updated to 5.0.0, just to be sure have
    > closed down pCP and rebooted by reapplying power supply (off/.../on),
    > LMS not autostarting even though pCP is set to auto start it, tried to
    > start LMS from LMS page... error message "[ INFO ] Starting LMS...
    > [ INFO ] The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat
    > HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name"

You'll have to re-install LMS after the update.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Hmmm... Hotfix applied, pCP updated to 5.0.0, just to be sure have
    > closed down pCP and rebooted by reapplying power supply (off/.../on),
    > LMS not autostarting even though pCP is set to auto start it, tried to
    > start LMS from LMS page... error message "[ INFO ] Starting LMS...
    > [ INFO ] The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat
    > HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name"

You'll have to re-install LMS after the update.

--

Michael
    Serverrpi3 pCP4.1.1 LMS7.9.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

LMS was supposed to get automatically updated during the upgrade. I think some downloads are failing, and I didnĺt trap enough errors.

If you open an ssh session and run

pcp-update slimserver.tcz

Then reboot after itĺs done, It should update
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

We've updated the squeezelite extension to the current 1.9.6-1198 version for piCorePlayer 4.x.

Fixes the issue of spotty ogg stream format skipping tracks prematurely.
    Includes decoding for opus and ogg/flac formats.
    Direct https streaming.

To update squeezelite;

Use the piCorePlayer webgui main page tab and click the Full Update button in the Update Squeezelite Extensions section.

Note that if you've enabled a custom squeezelite binary on the squeezelite tab, pCP will continue to use your custom build until you select either the standard or DSD options.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

silly question regarding "Shutdown piCorePlayer" an rPi power lights

I hadn't turned off my rPi 3B+ (running piCorePlayer Ver. 4.0) for so long I've forgotten the behavior. I *thought* that when I went into the piCorePlayer web GUI and selected "Shutdown piCorePlayer" it would actually turn off power to my rPi itself. But in doing that today, I do (1) lose web access to piCoreplayer and LMS and (2) the light next to the ethernet connection is off (i.e., not talking to the network), BUT the red power button on the rPi and the green light on the DigiPro Hat remain lit (i.e., ON).

Am i remembering wrong (that is, I'm wrong and these lights are supposed to stay ON as long as unit plugged in and only go off if I then unplug the rPi)
    Last edited by garym; 2019-12-08 at 15:28.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    these lights are supposed to stay ON as long as unit plugged in and only go off if I then unplug the rPi)
    Yep, off on a pi isn't off until unplugged.

It's so you can use a button and a simple script to power off and on.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...?f=29&t=191145

So your memory might be correct

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Yep, off on a pi isn't off until unplugged.

It's so you can use a button and a simple script to power off and on.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...?f=29&t=191145

So your memory might be correct

ronnie
    Thanks ronnie. The "might" is what still confuses me. I read that thread, and see a statement like, "I haven't tested this shutdown method yet, but as long as it invokes a proper shutdown (which I suspect it does), it will be safe to remove power." Does this "removing power" statement imply that one still sees power lights as ON until power removed, even if one does a proper shutdown from piCorePlayer GUI?

So in piCorePlayer, I use the option from the main GUI page to do a proper picoreplayer shutdown. That's what I've always done (proper shutdown because I'm running LMS on this pi). But can't recall whether power lights on unit actually turned OFF after the shutdown without actually removing power.
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

I just shutdown from the PCP web page, count the green flashes (I think it's 10). This leaves only the red light on.

The browser page goes to whiteout and I then pull the power plug.

The new rpi4b has a really tiny green led, that's hard to see.

I couldn't find this when I wanted too

http://www.sensorsiot.org/raspberry-pi-tricks/
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2019-12-08 at 16:09. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I just shutdown from the PCP web page, count the green flashes (I think it's 10). This leaves only the red light on.

The browser page goes to whiteout and I then pull the power plug.

The new rpi4b has a really tiny green led, that's hard to see.
    Thanks. That made me look closer. I was focused on the bright green light I can see from top of unit (which I believe is the digipro hat). I looked again, and yes, next to the red power light is also a small green light. When I do the PcP webpage powerdown, the green light blinks and then goes out. Only the red light stays on. So I was mis-remembering (that all lights went out). Only the green light next to power goes out. All is good. Thanks for confirming this ronnie.