Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 89 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Well we just discovered that the site we used to generate timezone data is down.

Try using this in the timezone setting.

IST-2IDT,M3.4.4/26,M10.5.0
    Thanks, that worked. I also use the Pi screen as a digital clock when it's not engaged in audio playback, so this was quite an annoyance you solved for me.
    GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Isol Line conditioner/protection. iFi AC iPurifiers>CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS >Kii Control>Kii Three speakers.iFi iOne+ Schiit Freya Pre for analog. An SB Touch, Duet Controller, a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator in additional rooms.

I have a small request: I'm currently discovering random album mode as a new way to listen to my music collection. Would there be a chance to add that to the pCP CLI so I could assign a remote button to it?

BTW, got some speakers for my balcony yesterday so I'm finally actually using pCP as opposed to just playing around with it.

hi Manul,

$ pcp rand albums

I have added this option. I may make the pCP5.0.0 cut-off, fingers crossed.

regards
    Greg

Hi Greg,

that's great, thank you!

USB not found

Using a RPI 3b+, with a Hifiberry DAC+. Just upgraded to pcP 4.1 standard. Everything works, Including the DAC.

Except: if I define the soundcard as USB instead of the Hifiberry DAC, I get "USB not found" or some similar phrase during bootup.

Any clues how I get the USB recognized or what the problem might be?

Thanks
    GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Isol Line conditioner/protection. iFi AC iPurifiers>CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS >Kii Control>Kii Three speakers.iFi iOne+ Schiit Freya Pre for analog. An SB Touch, Duet Controller, a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator in additional rooms.

That is because a hifiberry DAC is a hat and not an USB card. Therefore, it cannot be seen as a USB dac.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Is there a simple way to disable login spawning on tty1? I've disabled all the boot messages, but the login prompt is still spawned from /etc/inittab. Unfortunately, that's one configuration file that can't easily be modified with pCP's usual backup/restore mechanism.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You might need to add etc/inittab to /opt/.filetool.lst

I'm not sure if /etc/inittab is run before or after the backup is reloaded??

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    You might need to add etc/inittab to /opt/.filetool.lst

I'm not sure if /etc/inittab is run before or after the backup is reloaded??
    From what I've read: before, unfortunately.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    That is because a hifiberry DAC is a hat and not an USB card. Therefore, it cannot be seen as a USB dac.
    But device has functioning USB ports. if I define the sound card as USB (not hifiberry DAC), shouldn't the Hifiberry DAC be bypassed and the sound routed to the USB, just as it would if there was no hat?