Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
    +1 for a wiki, that'd be easy for folks to contribute content.

As a recent newcomer to RPI & PCP but not Squeezeboxes, I've found it quite frustrating finding out info that I'm sure has been covered before but it's a huge forum to sift through with only long release-specific threads for PCP.
    The PCP help pages are great but they only go so far, and a wiki would def bridge the gap.

Take a look at wiki pages across the web. Heck even look at the slimdevices wiki. Most are way out of date and missing a ton of info.

Our site is just static content right now. So at this point, if you want to add some content to the site, just make a page in any document software and save as a html document.....we'll merge it in.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I've just recently seen that the HifiBerry DAC+ is supporting REW profiles for its DAC.
    Currently I do not own one but that would be a worthy update if piCorePlayer would support this.
    I understood that the only thing missing on the pCP are the required DSPTOOLS.
    Is there any way for this to be included in the pCP image or as add-on somehow?
    I would greatly appreciate it!

Background: Ever since I heard how the sound improves by using such custom REW profiles with a DSP at a friends setup I'm searching for a solution to realize this. The HifiBerry DAC+ would be an affordable option that does not affect my LMS servers performance.
    System: Debian, Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2
    Player: Squeezebox v3 @ Bose LifeStyle Series III, Squeezebox Radio, Squeezebox Boom

Do you have a link to that info?

can't set proper time on Raspberry Pi 3B+

Hi-
    My picoreplayer is a Rasperry Pi 3B+

Everything works great except: the clock displays a time exactly 3hours earlier than my actual time. If I change the time zone in settings it has no effect. The same time issue remains (3 hours early). Also, if I attempt in a command line to "set" the time and/or date I get a response that that I can't make that change.

I have other SB devices running on the same network and with the same LMS server, and they all display the correct time.
    Any ideas how to fix this?

Maybe jivelite can have the "timezone" function added in to the menus - just like on the original SBT.
    GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Isol Line conditioner/protection. iFi AC iPurifiers>CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS >Kii Control>Kii Three speakers.iFi iOne+ Schiit Freya Pre for analog. An SB Touch, Duet Controller, a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator in additional rooms.

hi firedog,

Can you start with a fresh pCP image.

Tell us what timezone is automatically set.

Tell us what timezone you think it should be.

regards
    Greg

LMS not working

Hello, not sure if thats the right place, but the problem is that LMS stopped working Log:
    [19-05-23 09:52:36.9238] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [19-05-23 09:52:38.0052] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (100) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: database disk image is malformed
    Trying to rebuild /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/library.db from scratch.
    [19-05-23 09:52:38.0157] Carp::Clan::__ANON__ (214) Warning: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: attempt to do on inactive database handle at /usr/local/slimserver/lib/DBIx/Migration.pm line 113

Normal pcp functions including samba shares are working though, but no lms
    Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi firedog,

regards
    Greg
    Greg-Thanks. I am going to get a completely new SD card with 32 GB capacity and start from scratch-I will get back to you in a few days after I have some time to deal with it and let you know.
    GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Isol Line conditioner/protection. iFi AC iPurifiers>CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS >Kii Control>Kii Three speakers.iFi iOne+ Schiit Freya Pre for analog. An SB Touch, Duet Controller, a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator in additional rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi firedog,

regards
    Greg
    Hi-
    installed pcp from new SD card.
    timezone set is idt (israel daylight time) which is the correct time zone. But as before the time date setting is off: year month day are correct. hour is exactly 3 hours earlier than it should be.

edit: changed the time zone setting to Eastern Daylight (edt) and rebooted: listed time zone changes, but clock time remains as before: exactly 3 hours earlier than correct local (israel) time

Any ideas how to fix this?
    Last edited by firedog; 2019-05-24 at 04:51.

Well we just discovered that the site we used to generate timezone data is down.

Try using this in the timezone setting.

IST-2IDT,M3.4.4/26,M10.5.0