Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We are soon to release a 4.19.y based kernel for pCP 5.0. I'm sure we could do something with this card for input, but without hardware, it is very hard to develop a solution.
    A new pCP release is always good news. 4.19 is said to be a big one, although not without some regressions in performance. when can we expect the new release?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...inux-419&num=1

Need help switching from wired network to WiFi connection

I am trying to set-up a pCP 4.1.0 box that I want to ship to my parents to replace a Grace Digital Mondo. I have reached a problem that is a show-stopper.

I set-up pCP with a wired internet connection and almost everything is configured and working OK. But them I switched to a WiFi connection and JiveLite can't find pCP even though Squeezelite and LMS are running. Then after getting everything configured using WiFi, I have the same problem if I switch back to the wired connection.

Obviously the IP address changes when I use a different network interface, but how do I get the Jivelite configuration to remain the same?

I need to ship the box to my parents so that it can be connected by wired internet first so WiFi can be configured and then be switched to a WiFi connection. Switching the connnection type seems to cause a sorts of evil things to haapen with the LMS configuration.

How am I supposed to handle this?

Frank

Unfortunately that's a jivelite thing. Don't bother to setup jivelite until you are on the final connection. Thats why we put a little reset button in the web interface to do it easier. But there is not easy way around it. And that is not specific to pCP.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Unfortunately that's a jivelite thing. Don't bother to setup jivelite until you are on the final connection. Thats why we put a little reset button in the web interface to do it easier. But there is not easy way around it. And that is not specific to pCP.
    Could he not set squeezelite to use 127.0.0.1 as its server ?

Not sure if this would help or not.

Jeff

EDIT: Actually that won't work will it, as JL connects to the LMS whos address changes also. Though its quite simple to change "Player" with a remote or touchscreen
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2019-03-20 at 03:58.

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

LMS cache doesn't survive reboot?

Hi,

I'm using a RPI3B to run LMS. Everything works fine apart from when LMS is restarted, through something like a plugin change, then the cache appears to be wiped and a full LMS rescan is started. I've got 30K tracks with TrackStat info, so thats 5+ hours to rescan, which I am keen to avoid!

Looking at the LMS settings I have pCP boot disk set to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver (the default I believe) and it says this is where the cache is.

Music is on a mounted network drive.

Is there anyway to stop my cache getting wiped after a reboot?

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
    Server: 8.0 for PCP
    Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone6/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

/usr/local/slimserver/Cache is a symbolic link to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver/Cache, which is persistent storage. Are you sure you are not running out of disk space. And thus having a corrupted library. What is in the server log, The log does get wiped at reboot, so you need to look after doing a scan, and then reboot, and then check the log again for startup

Thanks for coming back. Current partition information:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 1.9G 296.9M 1.5G 16% /mnt/mmcblk0p2

(Although it has just initiated another rescan with the cache directed at the network storage rather than the SD card to fix the issue)

I just had a look at the log and that might hold some clues. I just uploaded to pastebin

paste name: pCP-3B+-662298-slimserver/server.log

url: https://pastebin.com/WukA80XT

Couple of lines that look suspicious:

[19-03-22 15:32:43.2361] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table

[19-03-22 15:33:30.7755] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_initPopular Terms (525) Fulltext index missing or outdated - re-building

Any ideas to debug it further? I'm using an 8GB SD card, should I resize the partition to 'whole card' and try again?

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
    Server: 8.0 for PCP
    Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone6/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

There are definitely problems in the log, you are likely never getting a good scan. I would try disabling TrackStat plugin and then see if a scan works.

Hello. Are you considering to add Khadas Tone Board support?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla g÷nderildi

hi Mair,

I don't think so. I haven't heard of it.

First step: Is it supported by Raspbian?

regards
    Greg