Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast
    Hi Paul,

thanks for the advice. I am using a 4GB SD card but the partition is 300MB at the moment (and is 72% full and I'm not over 50% through scanning!). Do you know what sort of size I should have the partition at or should I just set it to 'Whole SD Card'?

Cheers

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

I tend to not use 100% because of differences in available space with cards that have the same published size but in reality are slightly different.
    This is so that I can do a simple disk image copy between different SD cards knowing that it will fit.
    e.g. using 7.8GB of 8GB card.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Make sense, I'll set it to 2GB and hopefully that will be enough. I'll let you know how I get on

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

Internal audio off

Hi,
    when using Hifiberry Dac+ pro, or some other "hat" dac there is a possibility to turn off the internal audio on Pi, when i am using Digi + Pro the only way to turn off internal audio is to edit config.txt.

Maybe the next version of pCP could have the possibility to turn off the internal audio, when using digital "hat on" interfaces ?

Some like to use more than one card interface, so it is a manual selection. Go into the card control on the squeezelite page....... Then look at the bottom of the page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by praganj View Post
    Hi,
    when using Hifiberry Dac+ pro, or some other "hat" dac there is a possibility to turn off the internal audio on Pi, when i am using Digi + Pro the only way to turn off internal audio is to edit config.txt.

Maybe the next version of pCP could have the possibility to turn off the internal audio, when using digital "hat on" interfaces ?
    Is there any benefit to turning off the internal audio?

/Claus

Nothing tangible Claus. Your ears will have to make the decision on if sound is better.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Can anyone recommend a USB DAC / Headphone Amp that is confirmed to work with a Pi Zero?

I bought an SMSL M3 after checking it’s compatibility on the DAC lists but either the hardware chip has been changed or I had a faulty unit as neither pCP nor any of my PCs would recognise it. So it’s been returned to Amazon.

So I’m looking for something similar. Must include a headphone amp.
    A bit more expensive but good value is a DacMagic+
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

New HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC with analogue input

There was this new DAC announced and is already on sale: HiFiberry Dac & ADC

Might be an easy solution to streaming vinyl from my turntable, if I read this. So I have some questions about using it with PCP as it needs at least Linux kernel 4.18 and drivers. PCP seems to be on 4.14 and the DAC will not work with it. Also it misses the input drivers I think.

bpa pointed me to this thread for answers regarding the implementation of input-drivers into PCP and updating the kernel.

I quote him and ask: Will there be a solution for this DAC to use with PCP?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The drop down is the list of OUTPUT DACS - just because the DAC is supported does not mean the ADC is also supported. Sometime there are two sets of drivers one for input and one for output - sometime combined. I don't know the current availability and level of support. These are questions for the pCP developers.

Before doing anything else - I think you make a post on the PCP thread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rePlayer-4-0-0 (all the PCP developers read it and they have many DACs which are used when testing PCP releases ) and ask whether the input ADC is supported ? You should get a definitive answer Yes , No or perhaps a set of instruction on how to install a driver.

As PCP 4.1.0 was released in Nov 2018 and the ADC card was only release on Nov 2018 - I think this new HIfiberry DAC+ ADC card was not tested.

PCP - used a RAM based reduced version of Linux called Tiny Core Linux. This means if playing internet streams or accessing files over network - no "disk" activity. It also means after "installing" items such as a plugin or a driver - you need to check on the PCP way of making it "permanent" - otherwise it will be goine after a power down. This is a well known task and many instructions for it.

The Input ADC will need a device driver. The device driver needs to be built for the PCP version of Linux - IIRC you just cannot take a driver suited for Raspbian or similar Pi based Linux. If you're lucky it is already included in the PCP build. If not the PCP developers may be able to provide the driver if Hifiberry provides a single driver module for all their boards and it needs to be updated to keep PCP support current. I would think your skills would not be up to building your own driver for the ADC.
    2xPi3-7"+pCP+LMS | Transporter | 2xTouch | 2xClassic | 2xBoom | 2xRadio | iPeng | [2xOdroid U3+m2p+LMS]

We are soon to release a 4.19.y based kernel for pCP 5.0. I'm sure we could do something with this card for input, but without hardware, it is very hard to develop a solution.