Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Hey Guys

Wondering if someone can help.

Asked this question on another thread and was pointed in this direction:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post927835

Current issue is that I have a Pi Zero W with PCP connected via wifi and connecting via Bluetooth to a Amazon Echo Gen 2. It works fine for playing Spotty but doesn't seem to work for the iPlayer add on which is why I initially posted in that thread.

If I try to play something through iPlayer I just don't get any sound and after that playing through Spotty also won't work until I reboot the Pi.

I have another Pi Zero W with PCP connected via WiFi and Bluetooth to a 1st gen Echo and that works without issue.

Anything anyone can suggest that may be able to help??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roostlick View Post
    If I try to play something through iPlayer I just don't get any sound and after that playing through Spotty also won't work until I reboot the Pi.
    Roostick forgot to mention that problem is not BBCiPlayer specific, playing a plain http /AAC stream such as http:///www.somafm.com/illstreet64.pls causes problems as well- so problem maybe AAC specific.

Unfortunately, I only have Echo Dots, so I'm not sure if I can debug that. The Bluezalsa support in pcp does not include direct aac support, so it would be converted by squeezelite to a normal pcm stream. But you could try to restrict the codec on the pcp squeezelite page to pcm,flac to make the server transcode the stream.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thanks bpa & Paul

Just seems bizarre that it works fine on the exact same setup but with the 1st Gen Echo, I'll try restricting as mentioned and also try swapping the Pi's over just to confirm it's definitely the Gen 2 Echo causing the issue.

Thanks for your help guys.

Have you tried to see if an audio file, an MP3 stream has the same effect as Spotty. It would be good to know if the subsequent problems are limited to Spotty.

Looks like the restricting has worked! Thank you so much guys, appreciate it!

Just seems bizarre that it works fine on the exact same setup but with the 1st Gen Echo, I'll try restricting as mentioned and also try swapping the Pi's over just to confirm it's definitely the Gen 2 Echo causing the issue.
    1st Gen Echo Dot support BT 4.0 , 2nd Gen Echo Dot support BT 4.1 - so a lot could have changed internally and the problem might be the Echo.

Do you know if there's anything I can change in PCP that may fix the audio being a little slow and deeper, I can see mention of this in another thread when PCM is used but not entirely sure how'd I'd change this in PCP. Know it may not be your area bpa

Do you know if there's anything I can change in PCP that may fix the audio being a little slow and deeper, I can see mention of this in another thread when PCM is used but not entirely sure how'd I'd change this in PCP. Know it may not be your area bpa
    Slow and deep means stream such as BBC with 48kHz sampling are being played at 44.1kHz which is the default for PCM. You need to setup squeezelite option to have max output sample rate of 44.1kHz - this should make resampling occur.

Hey bpa

<44100> in the max sample rate field and all is good!

Thank you so much for your help mate, I do really appreciate it