Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Some devices will not show both bands if the AP uses the same mac for both bands.
    I have seen Android behave like that with an AP. Android device would only show 5ghz ssid with 2.4ghz ssid invisible to the device.
    I moaned to the ap maker, Billion, who released new firmware that used different mac per wireless interface.

But invalid channel for the device also seems highly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Well done pCP Team.

Just in-situ upgraded 5 players (had to pre-upgrade one from pCP 3.02 to 3.5 first). All worked fine.
    On behalf of the pCP Team and beta testers thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eyerex View Post
    Clean install on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ with 7" screen Meridian Explorer 2 DAC and a USB hard drive and everything is working and sounding sweet so big thanks to everyone's hard work in putting together Picoreplayer
    On behalf of the pCP Team thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bits View Post
    Some devices will not show both bands if the AP uses the same mac for both bands.
    I have seen Android behave like that with an AP. Android device would only show 5ghz ssid with 2.4ghz ssid invisible to the device.
    I moaned to the ap maker, Billion, who released new firmware that used different mac per wireless interface.

But invalid channel for the device also seems highly likely.
    I thought about that, too, but my router correctly uses two separate mac ids. But yes, finally the channel I used (ch13) was the issue. Glad I could get it solved so fast with you guy's help.

So thanks again for everybody for your quick respsonses! - GREAT community, as always
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    But yes, finally the channel I used (ch13) was the issue. Glad I could get it solved so fast with you guy's help.
    Yes, iirc the Pi built-in wi-fi does not support ch13.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Yes, iirc the Pi built-in wi-fi does not support ch13.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    yep, and there are many WIFI products out there that can only use channels 1 through 11.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Update piCorePlayer without removing the SD card

quick question : What version must I be on for Update without removing the SD card?
    My current version piCorePlayer v3.11 ...can I just hit "update pCP" ? I have Internet connected wired.

Thanks

3.11 is quite old, You definitely need to be at 3.5.0 before you upgrade to 4.0.0 It would be best to do step updates. 3.11 has an issue with the upgrade process too..... Read the tail end of the first post in this thread. https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...orePlayer-3-20 There is a chance that the boot partition will be too small too.

While we do alot to try to make sure insitu updates work, starting from a fresh image is always "cleaner"
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Updated my two players from 3.5 in situ. Process was smooth as silk. You guys are awesome! Thanks will be on the way later today!

Thanks for the marvelous work, Picore Team!
    I've just switch back on PicorePlayer 4.0.0 on my Raspy 3 B after trying other players.
    I want to try the C-3PO plugin along with my TEAC UD501 but i've some problem with required modified SOX. It is required the mansr SOX for the C-3PO plugin. Now i have this status on the plugin config page:
    Code:
    The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu.

And the DFF and DSF are greyed.

And the SOX version is 140402 NOT dsd capable.
    Any hint to make the plugin works correctly?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Funkwarrior; 2018-09-05 at 05:52.