Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 4.0.0

This is the final release of piCorePlayer 4.0.0 (Only minor changes from the last beta)

Significant changes from last release.

pCP 4.0.0
    • Launching new web site www.picoreplayer.org.
    • Kernel 4.14.56
    • AudioCore kernel 4.14.56-rt34. All RPi processors supporting Realtime Kernels.
    • RPi Firmware 2018/07/17
    • Completely rebuilt wifi. Web interface with hidden wifi, special characters
    • Added driver for rtl8188eu chipset

Repo Updates
    • Update to Squeezelite v1.9.0-1113
    • Updated Bluez to 5.50
    • Updated LMS binaries (flac and sox are now significantly faster, upgrade perl cyrpto libraries)

DAC Additions
    • Allo Katana
    • Google voiceHat (Audio Output only)
    • pCP default kernel now supports 384k on a good number of DAC's

Downloads Can be found: https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_downloads.shtml
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

< Place Holder For any updated info>

Evening Paul

Congrats on getting 4.0 out the door. I've just run insitu updates for my 6 players - 5 ran fine, but one gives an "pCP repo not accessible!!" error as soon as I hit update for some reason. Retried it when others are working, but no joy. It's currently running 4.0b4. I had one other running b4, and that upgraded fine, so I'm guessing it's something carried over from prior upgrades perhaps. Any ideas, or I can just flatten it and start afresh.

ta

pete S

Hard to say, I canĺt imagine why a b4 would not have the correct addressing. Probably best just to refresh it from the images.

Resizing SD card partition gets stuck on a shell prompt

Hardware: Pi 2, 64GB SanDisk SD card, 7" touchscreen, Pi2 Designs 502DAC hat, USB EXT4 SSD drive. All of this works perfectly as a self-contained music server/player with piCorePlayer 3.5.0, LMS, and Jivelite. It boots correctly with a freshly imaged 4.0.0 64GB SD card, but when I try to resize the partition to fill the SD card so that I can install LMS and Jivelite, I end up with a tc@piCorePLayer shell prompt on the touch screen after a couple of reboots. At this point, I still cannot connect over Ethernet. Attaching a USB keyboard, the "df" command shows two tmpfs partitions, one mounted on / sized 869.3M, and the other mounted on /dev/shm sized 488.4M. This does not seem right for after resizing, so I suspect the resize is not progressing normally.

Happy to debug further if that would be helpful, but I at this point I'm reverting to my good 3.5.0 SD card.

hi earnmyturns,

There does look like something strange is happening. Can you please just expand say 100MB or 200MB instead of the whole SD card.

I have often resized my SD card during testing and haven't had an error that stops things working. We need to investigate further.

Thanks for reporting.

BTW: You don't need such a big SD card.

EDIT: I have been testing on numerous 8GB SD cards and can not reproduce a problem. All worked properly. I don't have any bigger SD cards to test.

regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2018-09-01 at 16:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi earnmyturns,

There does look like something strange is happening. Can you please just expand say 100MB or 200MB instead of the whole SD card.

I have often resized my SD card during testing and haven't had an error that stops things working. We need to investigate further.

Thanks for reporting.

BTW: You don't need such a big SD card.
    Thanks, will run that test. It's just a microSD card I had around. The card I have 3.5.0 on is the same size, and I had no problem there.

The resize part of pCP has not changed from the last version, unless something a newer kernel is doing. I don’t have anything bigger than 32gb. 100mb is big enough for almost anything you need for pCP.

Have you tested the card to be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Can you please just expand say 100MB or 200MB instead of the whole SD card.
    Resizing to 200MB went through successfully. Currently installing LMS, so far so good. Thank you for the quick reply!

Resizing SD card partition (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by earnmyturns View Post
    Resizing to 200MB went through successfully. Currently installing LMS, so far so good. Thank you for the quick reply!
    Actually, since I run LMS with a local USB music library, LMS library scanning ran out of space. So, resized to 1GB, that went through, and rescan completed successfully. Maybe I could have set the LMS server cache to my USB drive beforehand and avoided the resizing, but anyway it's all working now.