Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Install on a Raspbian setup

I have a Pi 3B+ that is already setup with Raspbian 9.6 stretch. It already has LMS, and Plex server (for movies), and Minimserver for music (which I sometimes use for Bubbleupnp media server). Even though I have installed squeezelite on this Pi using a HiFi Berry DAC+, I'd like to install piCoreplayer (I'm a beginner with Linux and would appreciate the piCorePlayer web UI to tweak things - for example, my DAC is stuttering when LMS fades in/out, and it's easier for me to tweak audio and DAC settings thru the web UI). I'm not sure if Tiny Core Linux would be able to run Plex and Minim servers, or conversly is there a way to install piCorePlayer on my existing Pi Raspbian system? Thanks for any suggestions.

I don't think that is a good idea, pCP is a very small Linux system specialized for squeezelite audio player. So I suggest that you get another rpi and install pCP on this, so you have a dedicated player. Then keep all your servers (including LMS) on your first RPi.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer

Wireless static ip address

In setting up my PiCorePlayer on wireless (with a static ip address) rather than a bad power-line ethernet connection, I find it will work if the ethernet is connected but won't work if I remove it. I've found posts and solutions for other Linux builds but don't see the same files involved on PiCore Linux (/etc/network/interfaces).

Any help appreciated and apologies if this is the wrong place to ask the question.

[Note: I have tried DHCP rather than static ip addresses, and mapped the MAC to the ip address on the router, but for some reason this is unreliable].
    Ian

Library: Netgear NAS Duo
    Main System: RPi2 / iQAudio DAC+ / PiCorePlayer with LMS
    Second System: RPiZero / iQAudio DAC Zero / PiCorePlayer
    PC: Squeezelite-X

You cannot start with both ethernet and wifi connected, then unplug the ethernet. You have to start with only wifi for it to work.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

OK thanks, I can set it up again but I'm puzzled why wireless works using a dynamic ip address (as I'm using it now) but doesn't with a static address.

PS: Correction, it was showing on the network under the static address and the settings pages could be viewed but the player UI didn't load. it turned out that the MAC - ip address mapping I had in place was confusing things and having removed that all now works.
    Last edited by IanHaynes; 2019-03-08 at 07:35.
    Ian

Library: Netgear NAS Duo
    Main System: RPi2 / iQAudio DAC+ / PiCorePlayer with LMS
    Second System: RPiZero / iQAudio DAC Zero / PiCorePlayer
    PC: Squeezelite-X

Can anyone recommend a USB DAC / Headphone Amp that is confirmed to work with a Pi Zero?

I bought an SMSL M3 after checking it’s compatibility on the DAC lists but either the hardware chip has been changed or I had a faulty unit as neither pCP nor any of my PCs would recognise it. So it’s been returned to Amazon.

So I’m looking for something similar. Must include a headphone amp.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Help needed mounting Network Share

Hi there,

I'm trying to get PiCoreLMS up and running on a RPI3B. I've been following instructions and have installed LMS and I'm just trying to setup a Network Mount. On my wandboard the set up was:

/mnt/PaulsMusic
    //192.168.1.72/Music (cifs) active
    file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,credentials=/etc/credentials/cifs-mnt-PaulsMusic (and it works fine)

On the RPI I have:

Mount Point: /mnt/PaulsMusic
    IP Address: 192.168.1.72
    Share Name: Music
    Username: Paul
    Password: ****
    Options: file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 (ive tried with the default, plus this as well)

on the web page I get the error [INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o username=Paul,password=****,file_mode=0777,dir_mod e=0777 //192.168.1.72/"Music" /mnt/PaulsMusic

[ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.

On the boot screen I get the error:

mount mount //192.168.1.72/Music on /mnt/PaulsMusic failed: host is down
    Disk Mount Error, Retrying 2 more times

I have added additonal filesystems and installed exFat

Any ideas what is wrong?

Paul
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

don't worry, fixed it. I had to set vers= in the option as the music is on an old WHS

Paul
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat

Famous last words. I've been having issues! I ran a scan overnight and it terminated. Looking at the logs it said I was running out of disk space (I have about 30K music files). So I used 'Save LMS Server Cache and Preferences to Mounted Drive' to save to my Network Drive. However I couldn't get a scan to happen. Checking the scanner logs I get:

[19-03-15 10:16:45.8369] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [19-03-15 10:17:17.1937] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [10:17:17.1929] DBD::SQLite::db do failed: database is locked at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/DbCache.pm line 230.
    Delete the file /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/cache.db and start from scratch.
    [19-03-15 10:17:48.3236] Slim::Utils:bCache::_init_db (280) Warning: Unable to read/create /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/cache.db

checking the boot logs I see:

Mounting Network Drive...
    mount: //192.168.1.72/Music is write-protected, mounting read-only
    mount: cannot mount //192.168.1.72/Music read-only
    Disk Mount Error, Retrying 2 more times...sleeping 10 seconds.
    mount: //192.168.1.72/Music mounted on /mnt/PaulsMusic.
    Disk Mounted at /mnt/PaulsMusic.
    Done.

but I have set the option on the network mount as "vers=1.0,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,uid=1001,gi d=50" which I thought meant I could have read/write access.

Any ideas?

CW

I store mine on pCP boot disk (which is possibly not a good thing to do for SD card wear and ability to simply power down the device without problems ... but it has been fine for me).
    Running df on pCP shows
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 9.0G 1.2G 7.5G 14% /mnt/mmcblk0p2

So I assume I used the pCP option to resize the disk (Resize FS) from the Advanced section on the main page.

I did this because I prefer not to have the RPi write to the place where the music is stored on a vfat system because I can easily and quickly recreate a pCP installation with LMS and rescan rather than restore from the large music backup.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin