Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 4.0.0

This is the final release of piCorePlayer 4.0.0 (Only minor changes from the last beta)

Significant changes from last release.

pCP 4.0.0
    • Launching new web site www.picoreplayer.org.
    • Kernel 4.14.56
    • AudioCore kernel 4.14.56-rt34. All RPi processors supporting Realtime Kernels.
    • RPi Firmware 2018/07/17
    • Completely rebuilt wifi. Web interface with hidden wifi, special characters
    • Added driver for rtl8188eu chipset

Repo Updates
    • Update to Squeezelite v1.9.0-1113
    • Updated Bluez to 5.50
    • Updated LMS binaries (flac and sox are now significantly faster, upgrade perl cyrpto libraries)

DAC Additions
    • Allo Katana
    • Google voiceHat (Audio Output only)
    • pCP default kernel now supports 384k on a good number of DAC's

Downloads Can be found: https://www.picoreplayer.org/main_downloads.shtml
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

< Place Holder For any updated info>

Evening Paul

Congrats on getting 4.0 out the door. I've just run insitu updates for my 6 players - 5 ran fine, but one gives an "pCP repo not accessible!!" error as soon as I hit update for some reason. Retried it when others are working, but no joy. It's currently running 4.0b4. I had one other running b4, and that upgraded fine, so I'm guessing it's something carried over from prior upgrades perhaps. Any ideas, or I can just flatten it and start afresh.

ta

pete S

Hard to say, I canĺt imagine why a b4 would not have the correct addressing. Probably best just to refresh it from the images.

Resizing SD card partition gets stuck on a shell prompt

Hardware: Pi 2, 64GB SanDisk SD card, 7" touchscreen, Pi2 Designs 502DAC hat, USB EXT4 SSD drive. All of this works perfectly as a self-contained music server/player with piCorePlayer 3.5.0, LMS, and Jivelite. It boots correctly with a freshly imaged 4.0.0 64GB SD card, but when I try to resize the partition to fill the SD card so that I can install LMS and Jivelite, I end up with a tc@piCorePLayer shell prompt on the touch screen after a couple of reboots. At this point, I still cannot connect over Ethernet. Attaching a USB keyboard, the "df" command shows two tmpfs partitions, one mounted on / sized 869.3M, and the other mounted on /dev/shm sized 488.4M. This does not seem right for after resizing, so I suspect the resize is not progressing normally.

Happy to debug further if that would be helpful, but I at this point I'm reverting to my good 3.5.0 SD card.

hi earnmyturns,

There does look like something strange is happening. Can you please just expand say 100MB or 200MB instead of the whole SD card.

I have often resized my SD card during testing and haven't had an error that stops things working. We need to investigate further.

Thanks for reporting.

BTW: You don't need such a big SD card.

EDIT: I have been testing on numerous 8GB SD cards and can not reproduce a problem. All worked properly. I don't have any bigger SD cards to test.

regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2018-09-01 at 16:41.

I was on 4.0.0 b4 and just did the in-situ.
    Everything went fine until I had to disable the build in audio in order to be able to set my output settings (for my USB Dac).
    Because after the reboot Squeezelite didn't start again.
    Restart of it or reboot of pCP didn't work either.

I did another insitu update of 4.0.0. with the same result: at first Squeezelite was running but once another restart was required (disabling the build in audio), it doesn't run anymore.

I'll try later to download the new version and save it to the SD. Maybe that helps.

hi marflao,

If squeezelite is not starting it usually means, "Audio output" and/or "Output setting" are not right.

Setting "Audio output" to USB audio or disabling built-in audio clears "Output setting". It looks like insitu update may also clear "Output setting".

Put your "Output setting" to a valid one, check under more> for options. For example, on mine its "sysdefault:CARD=Device".

regards
    Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the swift response.

Maybe I miss something but so far I did the following steps:

i) insitu to 4.0.0 => successful
    ii) "USB audio" was already chosen hence I didn't need to change the audio output
    iii) disable "built in audio" => save => reboot

Now Squeezelite is not running anymore.

iv) set Output settings (and other Squeezelite settings) to the ones I used before (front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0; Alsa: 120:4::1:; Device supports DSD/DoP: 250; Native/DoP DSD Squeezelite binary enabled => save => Squeezelite still not running

Restart of Squeezelite or reboot of pCP sadly don't work.

I must admit I'm stuck right now.

Btw...i downloaded also 4.0.0. (and afterwards 3.5) and burned it to the SD card, followed by the steps ii-iv I described above. Same results as aforementioned.

Cheers,
    Markus

Update:
    If i re-enable the built in audio then Squeezelite is running again.
    But the output setting field is empty again which means I don't hear any sound.

Strange - at least for me - is that I now see other output setting options once I click on "more" (I haven't seen them earlier today).
    More strange - again at least for me - that it works now (I can hear the sound again) although the inbuilt audio is enabled AND the proper output settings have been chosen.

I'm pretty sure that in the other versions I used (3.5 & 4.0.0b4) the inbuilt audio was disabled.

Anyway... glad that the sound is back again. :-)
    Last edited by marflao; 2018-09-02 at 02:31.

Clean install on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ with 7" screen Meridian Explorer 2 DAC and a USB hard drive and everything is working and sounding sweet so big thanks to everyone's hard work in putting together Picoreplayer