Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
    Jeff, The issue is a missing dependency of file.tcz

Not sure I meant to add an extra dependency when doing this option, I'll figure out something for the next release.

Thanks for reporting
    Paul
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Jeff, The issue is a missing dependency of file.tcz

Not sure I meant to add an extra dependency when doing this option, I'll figure out something for the next release.

Thanks for reporting
    Paul
    No Worries

Thanks Paul

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Under voltage intermittently pi+screen

I have a duplicate setups, using a pi2, hifi berry pro+ with jumper off using coax digital out. Using official pi screen and y adapter to a nobsound g1 Regulated Linear Power Supply supply. Im using ankers more expensive usb cable that comes with a fancy case, but ive tried a ton. Sometimes i get under voltage, sometimes i don't.. Sometimes its constant... Mostly intermittent... I do notice when its intermittent and shows for a second, i can hear a little distortion.

Anyway to avoid this? Im going to try a new y adapter, but not sure it will help. I dont want to have two of these power supplies to keep low noise going to both the pi and the screen..

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    I have a duplicate setups, using a pi2, hifi berry pro+ with jumper off using coax digital out. Using official pi screen and y adapter to a nobsound g1 Regulated Linear Power Supply supply. Im using ankers more expensive usb cable that comes with a fancy case, but ive tried a ton. Sometimes i get under voltage, sometimes i don't.. Sometimes its constant... Mostly intermittent... I do notice when its intermittent and shows for a second, i can hear a little distortion.

Anyway to avoid this? Im going to try a new y adapter, but not sure it will help. I dont want to have two of these power supplies to keep low noise going to both the pi and the screen..
    What length is your USB cable?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What length is your USB cable?
    I am using 6 footers. Ive tried some shorter ones too

What is your actual voltage at the power supply., and the current rating of the supply?

But you are likely seeing too much voltage drop across all the connectors.

What is your actual voltage at the power supply., and the current rating of the supply?

But you are likely seeing too much voltage drop across all the connectors.
    So according the power suppliies display, with just the pi hooked up, 5.02 and. 298 but sometimes hits. 300. With both the pi and screen it shows 5.01 and .862...it does vary a little though.

The PS is rated 5V 4A via USB, otherwise its variable 5-24V

It's likely in the Y connector plug. Do you have the tools to measure voltage at the boards. It should be pretty safe to bump up your power supply to 5.1v, but it would be best if you can do that while checking the voltage at the board.

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    So according the power suppliies display, with just the pi hooked up, 5.02 and. 298 but sometimes hits. 300. With both the pi and screen it shows 5.01 and .862...it does vary a little though.

The PS is rated 5V 4A via USB, otherwise its variable 5-24V
    The volt drop depends on the wire gauge used in the USB cable. If it is 24AWG this has a resistance of 84.44mOhms/m. A 2m cable would have a resistance of O.337 Ohms. Even if contact resistances are ignored the volt drop will be 0.29V at 0.862A. Have a look at this article
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=232835

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's likely in the Y connector plug. Do you have the tools to measure voltage at the boards. It should be pretty safe to bump up your power supply to 5.1v, but it would be best if you can do that while checking the voltage at the board.
    Been fine all day after reseating the screens stock yadapter until about 20 minutes ago. I got a new y adapter today that is type A and uses two seperate cables rather than 1 cable with micro USB at the end and seemed to resolve it so far. I did see the PS reach a bit over .900 at one point with no bolt. In addition the screen seems more responsive and i was getting bolts when touching the screen, too.

I probably should've figured the yadapter was the issue but just kinda overlooked it. I'll see if i can do some measurements, too for kicks and giggles