Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    So you're now trying to setup the Pi as a SaMBa server not trying to get Music from your Ubuntu PC ?

Where have you mounted the HDD on the Pi ?
    No, but obviously I am lost. I have set up a samba share on my Ubuntu PC, and want to be able to send its content through the RPi to my sound system. I have been successful in attaching a portable USB HD to the RPi, and accessing its contents via the LMS on pCP.

I am unable to enter any text into the Setup Network Disk Mount on pCP. The cursor remains an arrow no matter how many times I click in the boxes, and as you can see in the screenshot, the name of my wifi network and password is already entered. I cannot change that, and the entries are incorrect in terms of the network share.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    No, but obviously I am lost. I have set up a samba share on my Ubuntu PC, and want to be able to send its content through the RPi to my sound system. I have been successful in attaching a portable USB HD to the RPi, and accessing its contents via the LMS on pCP.

I am unable to enter any text into the Setup Network Disk Mount on pCP. The cursor remains an arrow no matter how many times I click in the boxes, and as you can see in the screenshot, the name of my wifi network and password is already entered. I cannot change that, and the entries are incorrect in terms of the network share.
    OK lets go back to basics !

You have an Ubuntu machine 192.168.1.15 running samba and exporting your music as a CIFS share called "Music"
    You've accessed this share via the network from another machine windows or linux (ie you know the username and password)

I would reburn an image of pCP 4.1 STANDARD and install in Pi (which Pi BTW ?)
    After that login to the web GUI and select "Beta" tab at the bottom of "Main Page"
    On main page click "Resize FS" and allow to complete
    Once rebooted click "LMS" and go down to "Install and enable additional filesystems" and click install

Once complete go to "Setup Network and disk mount"
    Click in enable
    In Mount point put a name IE RemoteMusic (This is the directory ON THE PI where LMS will get the music from).
    In IP Address put 192.168.1.15 (You ubuntu PC address)
    In Share Name Put Music (Your share on ubuntu)
    SHare type is CIFS username and pasword are for the ubuntu server share
    Options usually get filled in automatically
    Then hit "Set NET Mount"

If you have problems with the Web GUI not accepting clicks try another browser !

You should get a page which looks like:-

Name:  2019-01-06 16_27_01-pCP - Write to Disk Mounts.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  51.1 KB

If not screen shot it !

Report back !
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Success!!! I had to reboot my sound processor to get the RPi to work, but everything is a go.

Huge thanks for your expertise and assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    Success!!! I had to reboot my sound processor to get the RPi to work, but everything is a go.

Huge thanks for your expertise and assistance!
    No worries Merlinus

Enjoy !

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

I've been experimenting with the Shairport-sync option in pCP 4.1.0 - it works like a charm.

I spotted a small gremlin though. The name of the Airport device is taken from the player name on the Squeezelite configuration page, but whereas the Squeezelite command line encloses the name (the -n parameter) in double quotes (to cope with player names with spaces), the Shairport command line (the -a parameter) is constructed without those quotes. So my Airport device takes only the part of the player name up to the first space, and presumably the remainder of the name has the potential to be interpreted as a command line parameter.

I tested with the -a parameter enclosed in double quotes from a command line, and it worked as expected, but I could not find where to update a configuration file. So two requests:
    1) Any chance that the next release of pCP could enclose the player name in double quotes in the Shairport command line?
    2) In the meantime, could someone advise where I might be able to manually define that command line?

hi chill,

Thanks for reporting.

Because of the way this script is packaged as an piCore extension, it makes changing it a little difficult from a user's perspective. I'll update the script and see if we can get it repackaged.

regards
    Greg

FWIW - Just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1 -- FLAWLESS. (RPI 3)

Rebooted and no issues. re-entered info for USB audio and codec, and off to races ... music access seems to be MUCH faster/more esponsive .. Also - the squeezelite service no longer needs to be manually re-started after a reboot -- music plays right away ...(I disabled built-in audio -- maybe this is why the squeezelite starts automatically now (?)

Bill Clark, Windham, VT

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi chill,

Thanks for reporting.

Because of the way this script is packaged as an piCore extension, it makes changing it a little difficult from a user's perspective. I'll update the script and see if we can get it repackaged.

regards
    Greg
    I've been playing with this a bit more, trying to understand the difference between the pCP-packaged Shairport-sync and the LMS plugin 'Shairtunes2 (fork)'. I'm getting there, I think. The Shairtunes2 plugin gives me the option to create Airplay devices out of all the players attached to LMS, but relies on LMS being up and running. Shairport-sync works independently of LMS (i.e. even if LMS is stopped), and creates a single Airplay device out of the output device attached to the RPi. Both have their use cases, and amazingly both seem to co-exist quite happily.

So actually the fact that Shaiport-sync creates a different name (by truncating at the first space) can be seen as an advantage, since otherwise both Shairtunes2 and Shairport-sync would try to create Airplay devices with the same name.

If you do manage to update and repackage the script, would it be feasible to give the use a field to enter a different name altogether?

I've created a second instance of Squeezelite using User commands on the Tweaks page, with the aim of adding a Bluetooth speaker without having to add another RPi. I managed to make both my main USB DAC and the Bluetooth speaker work eventually by copying the main USB DAC command line into the User command field, and specifying a unique MAC address for it, then configuring the Bluetooth speaker on the Squeezelite page. This seems to work well. Synchronisation isn't great due to Bluetooth delays, but I'm really only interested in running the Bluetooth speaker as a stand-alone device.

I'd prefer to have them the other way round, i.e. the USB DAC in the Squeezelite page, and the Bluetooth speaker as a User command, because 1) the Bluetooth speaker is an occasional use device, and 2) if it's not present when pCP starts then the pCP interface tells me Squeezelite isn't running. But if I swap them over so that the BT speaker is specified as a User command, then I don't believe there's a way to access the BT scanning/connecting options - these seem only to be available from the 'Card Control' option in the 'Audio output device settings'. Is that correct? Is there a way around this?

Yes, anything with multiple instances is completely up to you to manage.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer