Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Something is broke on the 64 gb cards when using full size. We don’t normally test that big of a card.

Expand the card to 500mbThen create a 3rd partition for the LMS data. There is no automated way to do it, are you okay with fdisk and mkfs?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Something is broke on the 64 gb cards when using full size. We don’t normally test that big of a card.

Expand the card to 500mbThen create a 3rd partition for the LMS data. There is no automated way to do it, are you okay with fdisk and mkfs?

When I did this, earlier this year, I used a live gparted usb stick

https://gparted.org/liveusb.php

Thank you very much for this great job..

Hello,
    Thank you very much for your great work. I have been using PicorePlayer for years and all new versions better than previous one. It is a player that dos not change the sound.
    I get very natural and analog sound at incredible levels with the following components.
    I wish you success in your future work.

Player:
    - Raspberry Pi B (512 Mb Ram, 700MHz, 8 Gb SDCard, Powered LPS)
    - PicorePlayer 4.0 (Tweaks: Underclock Lowest; Force turbo No; CPU:600MHz.; HDMI power: Off; No WiFi; No LMS Server)

Server:
    - Zotac ZBOX CI327 NANO (QuadCore 1.1GHz., 2Gb DDR3L Ram, Sandisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB for music archive, passive cooling, Powered LPSU)
    - Vortexbox 2.4 (Logitech Media Server) Options: File Conversion is only PCM; all others inactivated)

DAC: Non-oversampling TDA1543 R-2R DAC 3 (Battery Powered)

Switch: Zyxel GS-108s v2 (Powered LPSU)
    Ethernet Cables: Meicord Opal
    Remotes: Orangesqueeze and PC
    Music: Only 16 Bit files; WAV and FLACs

Name:  dac01.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  52.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post

Thanks for the prompt response, I have a smaller card that I'll try.

Can we determine if there is a problem "resizing whole" with all 64GB SD cards or only some.

Please report success/failure of SD card and details, Brand name, model etc

I would hate to fork out the money for a test 64GB SD card (that I don't need) and find that Brand X works anyway.

regards
    Greg

Morning Team

Greg I have done a small test using this card and Etcher to make the image.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance up to 100MB/s, Class 10, U1
    First with v4.0.0. The card hung on restarting and I could not connect, here is a screen shot from gparted

Name:  pcp1.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  182.7 KB

I then re burned the image with v3.5.0. and the restart completed and I was able to connect to the pcp web page

Name:  pcp2.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  182.6 KB

Ronnie, who hopes this helps

I have the piCorePlayer and LMS running on the same RPi (3).

I put my music library on a USB flash drive, plugged into the RPi, and pointed the piCorePlayer's LMS at that.

Playback only on one player is fine, but when attempting to play a 24-bit/44.1kHz FLAC track on the piCorePlayer and then sync a SB Radio to that, the playback becomes intermittent, sometimes stopping for a few seconds on the pCP, other times on the Radio. As though a buffering problem.

By elimination, I found that it wasn't due to the network, whether WiFi or wired to the RPi (but always WiFi to the Radio); using another LMS on a Windows server, with the music library on a disk on that server, sync'd playback is fine (and using WiFi for RPi and Radio).

The problem therefore appears to be with using the USB flash for my library on the RPi. But this is supposed to have a read speed of 130MB/s.

What might the problem be? What can I do about it? (to be able to use the USB flash on the RPi, and sync'd players).

TIA.

Edit(1): I'm thinking that it's probably due to USB flash drives being a bit poor, for seektime etc. Probably need to use a USB SSD.

Edit(2): I get the same problem using the RPi LMS with a SMB share for the library on the Windows server.

Edit(3): I discovered the setting for pointing the piCorePlayer at 127.0.0.1 for the 'local' LMS, and this appears to have fixed the problem, at least when using an SMB share for the library. I'll try using the local USB flash again...

Edit(4): It now seems to work OK with local USB flash drive for library. Conclusion: it's a 'must' to point the piCorePlayer to 127.0.0.1 if also running LMS on the RPi. So I guess this post is now just a story, as information for anyone else who doesn't already know this; problem solved.
    Last edited by Furry; 2018-09-14 at 08:00.
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Can we determine if there is a problem "resizing whole" with all 64GB SD cards or only some.

Please report success/failure of SD card and details, Brand name, model etc

I would hate to fork out the money for a test 64GB SD card (that I don't need) and find that Brand X works anyway.

regards
    Greg
    I was able to resize to 1000mb, whole card is the issue for me with the 64gb cards.

32 bit int being used to calculate the partition size?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    I'll be updating from 3.5 soon.
    Any reason/advantage to a clean install instead of the insitu installation?

….and a Big Thank You to the pCP Team!
    Did the insitu from 3.5 to 4.0
    Got an error about boot.tar or something like that not available, but then it seemed to fix itself, and 4.0 installed.

Did another insitu and installed with no errors.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬