Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Likely a permission issue. THere is a bUtton below The mounts to try to set permissions, but Iĺm not sure that works for exfat.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Having problem adding my media in my laptop drive

Thanks for your urgent reply.

Do you mean this?
    I've tried both 775 and 777, didn't work.
    Name:  4 (2).jpg
Views: 96
Size:  220.9 KB

No, in the mount section. You could ssh in and check it out too.

Iĺve heard of exfat problems before. Native Linux file system is always best for an attached disk.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Having problem adding my media in my laptop drive

The thing is those are partitions of my laptop (macbook) drive, "not attached dives".
    Is that possible, (formating them in native linux)?
    If I do that, can my laptop use those partitions as well?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuxbax View Post
    The thing is those are partitions of my laptop (macbook) drive, "not attached dives".
    Is that possible, (formating them in native linux)?
    If I do that, can my laptop use those partitions as well?
    Thanks
    Not out of the box, you'll need a driver (free or commercial) for you Mac to read and write anything but its native filesystems (HFS, APFS) and the FATs (exFAT, FAT32).
    Last edited by v2k; 2021-05-09 at 11:49. Reason: Never mind, think I figured it out

You need to think about the way that the folders are shared out rather than the local disk file system type - since it is the folder sharing technology that pCP has to match.
    If they were locally attached by USB then you would care about exFAT etc.

Is your MAC haring them out as CIFS (aka SMB aka SAMBA) shares or as NFS shares?

For example - can you access the files on the MAC from a Windows PC?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Yes, all the other machines can access to those music files in my network.

Just did a quick test, I don't think I have the exact same setup but I did manage to add a shared exFAT drive from a Mac to my LMS. Now this might sound stupid but did you press "apply" after adding the path to the media folder? I'm just asking since the "rescan" button does not appear until after I've done that.

If you click the plus sign next to Music1 and 2 in the folder browser does it expand to show the folder content? If not there is something wrong with the mounting of the share.
    Last edited by v2k; 2021-05-09 at 14:11.

Assuming one of those other machines is running a recent version of Windows then it means CIFS can work.

Try removing the Options (uid and gid) (and Applying) just in case it helps.
    I suggest that only because I don't see how it could mean anything to the system at the other end of the link since it does not know about a user called tc or a group called staff. However, it might be important for reasons that are obvious to someone else ... however, since it is not working then trying it will not make things worse.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Assuming one of those other machines is running a recent version of Windows then it means CIFS can work.

Try removing the Options (uid and gid) (and Applying) just in case it helps.
    I suggest that only because I don't see how it could mean anything to the system at the other end of the link since it does not know about a user called tc or a group called staff. However, it might be important for reasons that are obvious to someone else ... however, since it is not working then trying it will not make things worse.
    If memory serves the UID/GID mapping is for the local system, the one doing the mounting, the remote system still uses its own permissions and the login username can be separate from them. You can use it when user don't match or you can use the 'noperm' option.