Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PiCoreplayer WAP standalone or shift wifi access on the fly

Hi here, long time no see.

Recently i rebuild my old Henry Kloss fm radio, hosting a Pi with piCoreplayer for use in kitchen connected to wifi/lms, and with shairport enabled... So far so good, this is working as expected / perfect

In a month i have to travel/charter with some friend, and i would like to take my Kloss with me in my luggage, so that we can listen to music through the hotel's wifi or whatever, could be very cool.

So i tried to enable the buildin WAP, and while this is working as expected it's not the right solution, because i then have to use my phones 4G/3G connection to stream with e.g. shairport (Iphone).

I could ofcause try to connect to piCoreplayer through 10.10.10.1, and enable wifi. But if this goes wrong somehow it's a 1. shot try, i have no possiblilty to take the SD-card and make changes there, because i will let my pc stay at home ...

Is it possible, or did anyone try to make some kind of list, where piCoreplayer pick wifi one by one, until connection success ? - So if i fail connecting to some wifi, piCoreplayer will pick the next one on list!

I have some experiance with Tinycore, and scripting, so some programming would be possible, if i am lead into the right direction.

Hope i did explain good enough...

Best regards; Jesper.

hi Jesperlykke,

Starting with pCP4.0.0 you can maintain wpa_supplicant.conf manually.

I have not tried this, but I think you can have numerous wifi networks defined. That's a start!

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi Jesperlykke,

Starting with pCP4.0.0 you can maintain wpa_supplicant.conf manually.

I have not tried this, but I think you can have numerous wifi networks defined. That's a start!

regards
    Greg
    Greg... I will try... let's see how it goes...

If success, maybe i can make the Pi choose like this :

1. attemp : my home wifi
    2. attemp : some hotel wifi
    3. attemp : some more hotel wifi
    4. attemp : make WAP connection, so configuration through 10.10.10.1 is possible (this must be the tricky part, as Pcp must be scripted to choose this with some working configuration when all real wifi fails)

RG; Jesper.