Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    JJZolx,

I have the information that you indicated and am ready to go. However, as you indicated, this is pretty much a complete redo of LMS which I am trying to avoid. I am going to wait for mherger to look at the log file that I sent to him and see what he has to say. If he has no suggestions then I will try your ideas if only to see what happens. I am almost resigned to a full uninstall/install.

Thanks,

EEYORE

Quote Originally Posted by EEYORE View Post
    However, as you indicated, this is pretty much a complete redo of LMS which I am trying to avoid.
    It's far from a complete redo of LMS. It's only a redo of the settings for those two players and that screensaver. I'd do that long before completely reinstalling and reconfiguring LMS.

JJZolx,

In your first message you made it sound like a complete redo. I will definitely try your suggestions if mherger cannot help.

Thanks,

EEYORE

Blank screen when turned off

> The file has been sent. I cut it down to the last month or so because
    > the full file kept giving me an error message. Let me know if you need
    > more.

Unfortunately there's nothing in there.

Please run a bunch of checks:
    - when in off mode, press the brightness button on the remote
    - use a different screensaver

Any change in behaviour?

--

Michael

Mr. Herger,

As mentioned in earlier messages I did try changing the brightness setting when the SB was off. It had no effect except once when the SB happened to be getting an update and the update asterisk, only, was visible; the asterisk changed brightness as I hit the remote brightness button until the update finished and the asterisk went out. I have also tried the default Date and Time screensaver and it does show up. If I switch to mysqueezebox.com I also get the default screensaver. When I turn the SB on I also get all of the normal displays and it works normally. When the problem started I first thought that the screen was damaged but it is working except for the missing SDT screensaver. But I am still wondering why my second SB does not have the problem and displays SDT as it should even though the SDT settings for both players in LMS are the same.

Thanks for the help,

EEYORE

Blank screen when turned off

> button until the update finished and the asterisk went out. I have also
    > tried the default Date and Time screensaver and it does show up. If I
    > switch to mysqueezebox.com I also get the default screensaver. When I

So it's not a "blank screen when turned off", but "SDT fails to show"?

You better change the subject and ask people familiar with that plugin
    for help. It might be a configuration problem specific to it.

--

Michael

To all,

I finally have my SB2 displaying the SuperDateTime screensaver again. Thanks to JJZolx and his instructions concerning the prefs file! It made me think of copying a new/old set of prefs, cache and log directories to the Squeezebox installation directory; I rarely make changes to LMS on my computers except to install the nightly updates. Since the problem started just a few weeks ago I extracted the necessary directories from a months old backup; I do somewhat regular backups of my computers. And voila I now have a properly working screensaver!!

Thanks to all for the help,

EEYORE