Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Does LMS scan 'Grouping' tag?

Hello.

Does a regular LMS scan read & store (the value of) the grouping tag as well? If so, what would a SQL query look like?
    Thank you.

Does LMS scan 'Grouping' tag?

> Does a regular LMS scan read & store (the value of) the *grouping* tag
    > as well?

No, I don't think so.

--

Michael

Can you point me to a complete list of all tags that LMS scans during a regular scan?

I'm looking for an easy way to get information via some (otherwise unused) tag into the LSM database - without using plugins like CustomScan.
    At the moment, I store this information in tags that I don't use otherwise (like the Grouping tag). But for that I need the CustomScan plugin [unless you know a way to make LMS read the Grouping tag without plugins :hope:]

So I need to find a tag I don't use and that is scanned by LMS. The comment tag is already very crowded and often changed which doesn't make it a good option for that purpose.

I'm so open for suggestions. Thanks.

Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Thank you. Very helpful.
    I use iTunes to manage my tracks. When I cross-reference the tags supported by LMS and iTunes, it seems that I'm already using all the tags supported by both, LMS and iTunes.
    The grouping tag (GRP) is not scanned by LMS. And iTunes does not have a CONDUCTOR tag. Too bad.

Is there a way to make LMS scan the Grouping Tag with the CustomScan plugin? CustomScan takes more than 2x/3x the time to scan one tag in all tracks compared to the time a regular LMS scan takes. And one day CustomScan may stop working anyway.
    Will it be added to the list of default tags scanned by LMS (along with newer tags like movement)?
    Would be very cool that have it in the database after a regular scan.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Is there a way to make LMS scan the Grouping Tag with the CustomScan plugin? CustomScan takes more than 2x/3x the time to scan one tag in all tracks compared to the time a regular LMS scan takes. And one day CustomScan may stop working anyway.
    Will it be added to the list of default tags scanned by LMS (along with newer tags like movement)?
    Would be very cool that have it in the database after a regular scan.
    That would be very cool, indeed. (And the option to build sub menus to make use of these tags.)
    QLMS 7.9.2@1.09e (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4