Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Music Noise Artifacts

Recently the following have happened when playing music from my SB2 (vs Echo Dot);

1) One time a loud electrical buzz sounded. I rebooted the SB2 by unplugging it. That fixed that issue

2) Recently a sound like a blown speaker tweeter appears but in both speakers. Rebooting the SB2 by unplugging it fixes the problem.

This points to impending hardware failure. Any advice to nip this in the bud?

TIA

SB2/3 and transporter can do this , sometimes rebooting helps sometimes a xilinks reset or factory reset does it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I think Xilinx reset is the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    SB2/3 and transporter can do this , sometimes rebooting helps sometimes a xilinks reset or factory reset does it.
    I've had my Duet receiver do the buzz thing too. I can just hit the backup or skip arrow on the controller and it will quit buzzing and start playing again.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    I've had my Duet receiver do the buzz thing too. I can just hit the backup or skip arrow on the controller and it will quit buzzing and start playing again.
    Oddly, after not having had this before (in years), and then reading this thread, I've just had it a few times today on my Boom.

Also, several times it's gone silent at the end of a track mid-album; play/pause is still on play, but no sound, counter is at end of track. Trying other tracks gives odd inconsistent results, eventually it recovers by itself. Never seen any of that before.

Odd. Presumably coincidence.