Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB Classic gets hot

My wife noticed today that my SB Classic is a bit hot. Is this typical or should I be thinking of replacing the unit? It is powered on 24/7 but not connected to local files all day.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1518987734 @ Sun Feb 18 22:55:43 CET 2018
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    My wife noticed today that my SB Classic is a bit hot. Is this typical or should I be thinking of replacing the unit? It is powered on 24/7 but not connected to local files all day.
    Mine is too, despite being in "standby"'; mind you, we are having a heatwave

Quote Originally Posted by cdmackay View Post
    Mine is too, despite being in "standby"'; mind you, we are having a heatwave

The VFD display has heater wires (you can see them in the dark - IIRC two horizontal wires) which I think generate heat all the time even in standby.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The VFD display has heater wires (you can see them in the dark - IIRC two horizontal wires) which I think generate heat all the time even in standby.
    Thanks I never noticed the amount of heat it put out till today. I guess it was designed this way. I have the unit with the display off while using it( I use the web interface to control it) but I guess the heater wires still operate
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1518987734 @ Sun Feb 18 22:55:43 CET 2018
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless