Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I am not sure if gapless playback is supported when using squeeze2upnp...
    By default, I don't believe it is. Apparently you can change a setting to support gapless but, as I understand it, it's not recommended. Gapless is definitely a "nice to have" but I think I could get by without it.
    Tim

Living Room: SB Touch, Hegel H190 w/built-in DAC, Totem Acoustics Sky Bookshelf Speakers
    Bedroom: Boom
    iPeng / Controller for all

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterShock View Post
    By default, I don't believe it is. Apparently you can change a setting to support gapless but, as I understand it, it's not recommended. Gapless is definitely a "nice to have" but I think I could get by without it.
    You'd be fine without it (gapless) right up until the point where you play an album that segues from one track to another, and the tracks instead have an annoying gap between them.
    The gap may be incredibly small, but it's there.
    Once you've heard that then the irritation will grow every time you hear it ....
    Chris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    You'd be fine without it (gapless) right up until the point where you play an album that segues from one track to another, and the tracks instead have an annoying gap between them.
    The gap may be incredibly small, but it's there.
    Once you've heard that then the irritation will grow every time you hear it ....
    Good point.

The plugin claims to support gapless. I stress tested it with Abbey Road - scrubbing within a given track and then letting it "hand off" to the next related track. It was gapless about 50% of the time. If, on the other hand, I let the album play without interfering with it, it was gapless 100% of the time. Good enough for me.

Thanks everyone for their input.
    Tim

Living Room: SB Touch, Hegel H190 w/built-in DAC, Totem Acoustics Sky Bookshelf Speakers
    Bedroom: Boom
    iPeng / Controller for all

It's threads like this that make me really miss arnyk. In other words, it appears that it's now safe to drink the kool-aid.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    It's threads like this that make me really miss arnyk. In other words, it appears that it's now safe to drink the kool-aid.
    Have you run out of audio journalists to stalk? Or are you right now sitting in a car outside John Atkinson's place with a long lens SLR in your lap?

Edit: I'm sure the nights are the hardest, but we all appreciate your dedication.
    Last edited by doctor_big; 2018-08-09 at 14:07.