Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Is it possible to boost radio stream playback volume?

For most of the internet radio stations I listen to, there is a big volume difference when switching to my library ("Smart Gain" w/ RG tags). I'm wondering if there is a way -- perhaps with SoX and a custom-convert.conf file -- to amplify internet radio streams. Thanks, if you have any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    For most of the internet radio stations I listen to, there is a big volume difference when switching to my library ("Smart Gain" w/ RG tags). I'm wondering if there is a way -- perhaps with SoX and a custom-convert.conf file -- to amplify internet radio streams. Thanks, if you have any suggestions.
    I am surprised internet radio is lower volume than your library the issue is normally the opposite. There is a setting under "player-audio" settings in LMS to adjust the volume of remote streams. I have mine set to -8 but I think the default may be -5. Play around with that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thank you! In all my years with LMS, I've never noticed that setting. Will give it a try.

It wasn't available in earlier versions so if you aren't using the latest now would be a good time to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Thank you! In all my years with LMS, I've never noticed that setting. Will give it a try.
    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk