Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to step on anyone elses outstanding work on this - here are some screen shots for noobs like me...

Also, if the ending text of the .pls file name is '...aac.pls' it is for AAC streams, which might be of higher quality.
    Removing the AAC part when retrieving the .pls file (NOT necessarily the content link inside the .pls), i.e. kxntamaac.pls becomes kxntam.pls seems to provide links to .MP3 streams for those interested...

Now to get this developed into a plugin by someone - like the great iHeart Radio plugin...

Main site - do your search

Name:  Radio Issue - Detail 1.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  59.6 KB

Click the yellow 'info' icon to get to the next page

Name:  Radio Issue - Detail 2.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  15.5 KB

As already stated previously, this will download a .pls file.
    Examine the contents in your favorite text editor (Notepad in Windows, etc.)

Name:  Radio Issue - Detail 3.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  83.7 KB
    Player: 1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares), 4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
    Server: 1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC w/LMS & SqueezePlay
    Control: 4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8ö tablets, 1 x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
    Audio: Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze infrastructure!

markm9999,

Even though I have been using Squeezeboxes (SB2/SB3) for 10-12 years I am still a total noob and have a question. With your help I have found the CBS stream (.pls) that I want to play (KNX/Los Angeles). But where do I put the stream in LMS to get it to play?

Thanks,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by EEYORE View Post
    markm9999,

Even though I have been using Squeezeboxes (SB2/SB3) for 10-12 years I am still a total noob and have a question. With your help I have found the CBS stream (.pls) that I want to play (KNX/Los Angeles). But where do I put the stream in LMS to get it to play?

Thanks,

Richard
    Open LMS on your web browser. In menu on left, find FAVORITES, then click the little pencil icon to the far right on this row. Then scroll to bottom and you'll see a button called new favorite. Click on this. Paste the radio url into the space labeled URL. Give it a name in the other space, then click the save button. This will now show up under your favorites.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Garym,

Thank you for the reply. I was able to follow your directions but I also had to add Favorites to my onscreen menu. I do not use it since I have Radio and TuneIn showing onscreen; they both display the same presets but I have been unable to find how to turn off TuneIn since it does not show in the Web Control Player/Menu settings. But when I added Favorites and tried the station I had added it gave me an Error 404. The station is not that important so I am not going to spend any more time on it.

Thanks again for the help,

Richard