Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can't see my USB Drive runnning LMS with PiCorePlayer ....................

I have a Raspberry Pi that I use with a USB Drive for Travel. I run LMS on it and have a USB Drive Plugged into it.

I got a new USB Drive and thought I would test it out with the Rpi with LMS on it. LMS is running fine, Squeezelite is running fine.
    I cannot See my USB Drive on the LMS tab however to 'mount' it. I have re-installed LMS, installed additional filesystems.

tried re-booting it a number of times, but no luck .... Can't see the USB Drive.

Any ideas.

Does sit have its own power supply or are you trying to run it from the RPi USB power?
    If the latter then that could be the reason for the failure.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Does sit have its own power supply or are you trying to run it from the RPi USB power?
    If the latter then that could be the reason for the failure.
    Bingo! ....... You nailed it !!

I had purchased a 3 amp power supply for the Rpi when I used the USB Drive in Australia last year and it ran Flawlessly using the USB Power.

Today when Trying out the new USB Drive, I used a different Power Supply and that was the reason for failure. I pulled out my 3 amp power supply and the New USB drive was visible even running from the Rpi USB Power.

So Thanks Much !!