Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Headphone jack

Headphone jack

The headphone jack on my Squeezebox radio no longer cuts out the internal speakers. Logitech no loner makes these radios and cannot provide any parts. Can anyone here suggest how I might get this repaired. I'd like to avoid buying a new radio from C Crane...$120!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryG View Post
    The headphone jack on my Squeezebox radio no longer cuts out the internal speakers. Logitech no loner makes these radios and cannot provide any parts. Can anyone here suggest how I might get this repaired. I'd like to avoid buying a new radio from C Crane...$120!
    IIRC this is not a mechanical switch but electrical detection of headphone presence which then trigger s/w to route audio. Detection can be affect by some headphones with "wrong" chacteristics and/or grease on connector. Check by looking at Setting/Advanced/Factory Test/Audio Routing and plug in/out headphone

Headphpne jack

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC this is not a mechanical switch but electrical detection of headphone presence which then trigger s/w to route audio. Detection can be affect by some headphones with "wrong" chacteristics and/or grease on connector. Check by looking at Setting/Advanced/Factory Test/Audio Routing and plug in/out headphone
    Nope...didn't work. The connection seems to be loose...moves around in the socket.

Nope...didn't work. The connection seems to be loose...moves around in the socket.
    I'd open it up to get sight of the socket. Start with removing the loudspeaker screen - it is a push fit. That will expose two screws - see this link for photos
    http://squeezeboxman.blogspot.com/20...dio-white.html

I'd open it up to get sight of the socket. Start with removing the loudspeaker screen - it is a push fit. That will expose two screws - see this link for photos
    http://squeezeboxman.blogspot.com/20...dio-white.html
    Thanks...too much for my elderly skills but I'm taking this to a local repair shop with your instructions.

Thanks...too much for my elderly skills but I'm taking this to a local repair shop with your instructions.
    The socket is on a small board so with the instruction, there is a good chance of being able to test the socket and if necessary replace it.

The socket is on a small board so with the instruction, there is a good chance of being able to test the socket and if necessary replace it.
    Ill let you know next week if this is successful. Thanks

Headphpne jack

Sucessfully repaired...thanks for the help!