Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Web Control

Web Control

Madam/Sir,

I have been using my SB 2 and 3s for almost 15 years but have rarely had to ask questions. As a matter of fact I had lost my old registration information and had to register anew just to access the site.

I have been having problems with my Samsung N120 netbook that I use to stream to my SB 2 and 3s; it has been running 24/7 for about 5 years so it might be ready to quit. To get back to a semblance of usability I had to do a recovery from early 2017. I had been using LMS then but immediately updated to the latest nightly LMS; I know that I am somewhat anal about having the latest updates. But when I did that the screen on my SB2s went blank although I can turn them on and use them as normal. However the menu is different also. When I tried to get into the Web Control to see what might be happening I get the error that it has no file association and cannot be loaded.

HELP!!

Thanks,

Richard

On netbook, which os version?
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Web Control

Sorry about the delay but things have been going on. I have been using a Samsung N120 with Windows 7 for a few years now. Suddenly there seems to be a problem with 127.0.0.1:9000? I can get into the Control Panel version of setting.

Thanks,

Richard

Although I still cannot get into web control because of the "lack of file association" problem I have found that if I simply enter 127.0.0.1:9000 into Firefox I can get into the web control settings. I am still looking for a solution to the "lack of file association" problem when working from the task bar icon.

Any help would be appreciated,

Richard

Web Control

> Although I still cannot get into web control because of the "lack of
    > file association" problem I have found that if I simply enter
    > 127.0.0.1:9000 into Firefox I can get into the web control settings. I
    > am still looking for a solution to the "lack of file association"
    > problem when working from the task bar icon.

Can you provide a screenshot of that error message?

--

Michael

Mr. Herger,

I am just checking to see if I had a reply to my message to you but I see that my message was not saved and does not show. I had indicated that I could not provide a screenshot since the Web Control had started working again. I mentioned that I had just uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox because of problems I was having with it; Firefox is the only browser that I have installed since I do not even have IE installed. When I tried to open Web Control, fully expecting the error message telling me to open Control Panel/Default Programs to associate a file, I was able to open Web Control without the error message. Evidently there was some bad interaction between Firefox and the icon Web Control which was fixed with the reinstall of Firefox.

Thanks for the reply,

Richard