Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Yup Audio version all OK as well

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Smooth Insitu update from 3.5! No problems for the standard audio!
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 7.0.0-64 Bit
    LMS 8.2.0, WD usb drive for Music files
    (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) Duet
    QLogitechMediaServer on QNAP TS-853a

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Smooth Insitu update from 3.5! No problems for the standard audio!
    Ditto here, except for error in device name I reported in the 3.5 thread a few days ago.

Device name should be:

sysdefault:CARD=IQAudIODigi (Note the capitalisation of the "A")

not:

hw:CARD=IQaudIODigi
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.1.0 on Pi 4B pCp 7.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 7.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

1. Congratulations for the new site. Really like it. Maybe add the link to the list of "working USB Dacs" to it since - from my point of view - it's very helpful information for others.

2. Thanks for the 4.0 version. I updated via insitu the standard version. In my case not all settings were taken over from the earlier version. I needed to disable the Raspberry Pi Built-in Audio in the Card Control settings as well as to fill out the Output settings. Now everything works fine.

3. I have a general pCP question (which I already asked in another thread): will pCP work with Kef's Ls50 wireless? And if "yes" what kind of settings are required? Btw... my LMS runs on my NAS.
    Thanks in advance.

Smooth insitu update to beta4
    Pi3 with official 7" LCD and a hifi berry digi+
    Was running 3.5 prior
    LMS is on NAS

Very much appreciate your efforts, Thanks Team pCP

Edit - new website looks slick too thanks guys
    Last edited by huxmut; 2018-07-29 at 02:55.
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml
    Your usb device is taking too long to become ready at boot. You need to add some delay. On the extras menu, there is a bootcodes screen. Increase the value of waitusb
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-x-x-Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    Ditto here, except for error in device name I reported in the 3.5 thread a few days ago.

Device name should be:

sysdefault:CARD=IQAudIODigi (Note the capitalisation of the "A")

not:

hw:CARD=IQaudIODigi
    Ian,

Would you please take a screenshot of your squeezelite page , expand the more> by the squeezelite output.

What you are reporting is not what the info on IQAudIO’s documentation says.

Thanks
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    1. Congratulations for the new site. Really like it. Maybe add the link to the list of "working USB Dacs" to it since - from my point of view - it's very helpful information for others.

We are not sure how to handle this.....but we do see folks using that page. The wifi page isn’t as useful anymore.

2. Thanks for the 4.0 version. I updated via insitu the standard version. In my case not all settings were taken over from the earlier version. I needed to disable the Raspberry Pi Built-in Audio in the Card Control settings as well as to fill out the Output settings. Now everything works fine.
    Are you using USB? We have always had that problem, we always reload the card defaults during the upgrade, and USB has no standard way of picking the output. But, perhaps I can adjust that....

3. I have a general pCP question (which I already asked in another thread): will pCP work with Kef's Ls50 wireless? And if "yes" what kind of settings are required? Btw... my LMS runs on my NAS.
    Thanks in advance.
    We have no way of knowing, unless we have hardware to test..... I doubt anyone is willing to donate $2000 speakers for us to test. That’s why we started the user reported DAC table on google docs.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post

We are not sure how to handle this.....but we do see folks using that page. The wifi page isn’t as useful anymore.

Are you using USB? We have always had that problem, we always reload the card defaults during the upgrade, and USB has no standard way of picking the output. But, perhaps I can adjust that....

We have no way of knowing, unless we have hardware to test..... I doubt anyone is willing to donate $2000 speakers for us to test. That’s why we started the user reported DAC table on google docs.
    Regarding #1: I used it earlier today to find out which settings I used in the 3.5 version ;-)

Regarding #2: Jep.. Pi2 connected via USB to my external Dac. Not sure if it had something to do with the fact that this was my first approach via insitu (for earlier upgrades I installed the files manually). Anyway.. no biggie to perform those manually.

Regarding #3: fair enough... Maybe some guys will chime in to clarify and can confirm (saw one post in this forum where a guy said it would work).

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Regarding #1:

Regarding #3: fair enough... Maybe some guys will chime in to clarify and can confirm (saw one post in this forum where a guy said it would work).
    http://www.kef.com/ls50wireless/info...et_en_path.pdf

Why not

a) drop an e-mail to KEF and ask them?

b) find a local dealer with a demo pair and take along a pi set up with pCP player/LMS, a few files on a usb stick or the sd card and maybe a wifi dongle (just in case), have a day out

Ronnie

To the team

Just done an in situ update on rpi3B with Allo Digione.

Smooth as the proverbial

With the problem repoted by ian_hays

A friend phoned me about two or three weeks ago saying he could not get Squeezelite to run with his new iQaudio digi.

It took us over 30 minutes to figure out the same as ian, that there is an errant capital letter (which my noticed after looking at the overlay in the config.txt and the list obtained by expanding the "more".

Unfortunately I promptly forgot the problem (it's an age thing ) .

There might be a clue in this:

Name: iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio
    Info: Configures the IQAudIO Digi WM8804 audio card
    Load: dtoverlay=iqaudio-digi-wm8804-audio,<param>=<val>
    Params: card_name Override the default, "IQAudIODigi", card name.
    dai_name Override the default, "IQAudIO Digi", dai name.
    dai_stream_name Override the default, "IQAudIO Digi HiFi",
    dai stream name.
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2018-07-29 at 06:36.