Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi Edwin,

$99 is what I'm being told. Liza, my contact, they they are starting to deliver the first batch. If I managed to get in on that I hope to have one soon.

I'll post how it goes.

Bests,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Very curious when this will arrive and if it will suit your demands. Looking very promising. Any idea about price level? Please post your results.

That's great to hear. I assume without vat?
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Hi Edwin,

They said shipping within the U.S. is free. I'm guessing your right about VAT.

Bests,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    That's great to hear. I assume without vat?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    In the meantime I have written two companies that state their USB batteries do have power through capability and didn't mention any limitations.
    In my experience there's very few usb power packs that can both provide pass through power *and* maintain output during charge state transition (i.e. when you connect or disconnect the power supply or when the battery reaches fully charged). I have just one unit that will operate as a ups, the rest drop the output power at some point.

There are plenty of units even just that I've accumulated without trying that will charge and provide power at the same time, but aren't quite up to the job of being a ups.

One point is that many dual-output units will have a pair of regulators which can be switched between input charge mode and output mode so you usually find they are able to do pass-through as long as you're only using one output port at a time.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Thanks DrMatt,

I did find what, on the surface, looks like a good candidate. It's the X6 made by ZENDURE. I asked them about noise levels and they responded 50mv, but they didn't say what power supply they were using to charge it with. I will ask them about the specifics cause 50mv is a bit high. Maybe with the iFi $50 wall wart it would be better and of course I'm assuming when not plugged in to a wall wart, it would be better.

They are claiming 24/7 pass through and as long as the power supply output is higher than the battery output, it will never run out of battery.

Check them out and see what you think.

Thanks again,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    In my experience there's very few usb power packs that can both provide pass through power *and* maintain output during charge state transition (i.e. when you connect or disconnect the power supply or when the battery reaches fully charged). I have just one unit that will operate as a ups, the rest drop the output power at some point.

There are plenty of units even just that I've accumulated without trying that will charge and provide power at the same time, but aren't quite up to the job of being a ups.

One point is that many dual-output units will have a pair of regulators which can be switched between input charge mode and output mode so you usually find they are able to do pass-through as long as you're only using one output port at a time.

Yes I saw your comment on that one above, but let's be honest most USB power packs are in the ú7-20 range, this device you mentioned is going to be more like ú100... They don't really compete in the same market. I got a legit UPS that can run a full blown PC for about 20 minutes for less than that.

Last edited by drmatt; 2018-08-11 at 12:45.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Yep, I get that. My goal though, is a portable unit that I can drag to the car or out in to the backyard. A battery pack does that, but I would like something that I could drag around and just plug and unplug from the mains. Sort of like the Duet remote, but a little less delicate, better sound, less expensive and with a longer battery life.

The X6 and pi/DAC will fit nicely in my console where the AUX jack is and I can take it out back and plug it in to some powered speakers. IN the house I can use it for another player. Honestly, though, an indoor player is the last thing I need, so it's outdoors and in the car I'm trying to fill a void.

Thanks again,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Yes I saw your comment on that one above, but let's be honest most USB power packs are in the ú7-20 range, this device you mentioned is going to be more like ú100... They don't really compete in the same market. I got a legit UPS that can run a full blown PC for about 20 minutes for less than that.