Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

musicip stopped working on Synology

Hi,

I use LMS on Synology in combination with MusicIP Server 1.8-001 from Nigel Barnes. Up to now this worked smoothly but since the update to DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2 there are issues. The package seems running but the webpage is not accessible and also LMS can't find MusicIP anymore.
    Any idea for a solution?

Thanks
    Matthias

Quote Originally Posted by pi314 View Post
    Hi,

I use LMS on Synology in combination with MusicIP Server 1.8-001 from Nigel Barnes. Up to now this worked smoothly but since the update to DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2 there are issues. The package seems running but the webpage is not accessible and also LMS can't find MusicIP anymore.
    Any idea for a solution?

Thanks
    Matthias
    Hi Matthias,

sometimes Synology resets the security setting in DSM which might change the firewall settings. Please check if this is the case.

If the webpage of LMS is not accessible within your network, check the port number (9002) and use an other browser as well.

What version of LMS is installed? Make sure you run at least the beta package from Package Center.
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Archphile), Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    Hi Matthias,

sometimes Synology resets the security setting in DSM which might change the firewall settings. Please check if this is the case.

If the webpage of LMS is not accessible within your network, check the port number (9002) and use an other browser as well.

What version of LMS is installed? Make sure you run at least the beta package from Package Center.
    Thanks.
    LMS itself is working but MusicIP seems not to be accessible (port 10002). Already checked the firewall settings which seem find. On the Synology it looks like MusicIP is running.
    I also checked the logs from Synology but could not find anything strange.

Regards,
    Matthias
    Last edited by pi314; 2018-07-27 at 10:39.

Any dependencies involved you should take a look at/not active? Webserver, Java e.g?

Any dependencies involved you should take a look at/not active? Webserver, Java e.g?
    The port 10002 of MusicIP seems to listen but there's no answer (e.g. trying to connect to 10003 just gives an answer 'unable to connect') when using a web browser.

I upgraded LMS to the newest beta version and can see the following in the log:
    [18-07-28 12:07:30.8645] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1504317335, Mon Sep 4 22:13:00 UTC 2017) perl 5.024000 - x86_64-linux
    [18-07-28 12:07:38.7570] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (147) Testing for API on localhost:10002
    [18-07-28 12:07:38.7574] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (155) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.

The log on the MusicIP side on Synology shows no errors (only Started MusicMagicServer, Stopped MusicMagicServer messages).

Regards,
    Matthias
    Last edited by pi314; 2018-07-28 at 04:18.

Quote Originally Posted by pi314 View Post
    Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (155) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.
    Clearly something is blocking the musicIP plugin. Have you tried enabling/ disabling the plugin. Or/and, fully disable the firewall and reboot your nas?

Clearly something is blocking the musicIP plugin. Have you tried enabling/ disabling the plugin. Or/and, fully disable the firewall and reboot your nas?
    Yes indeed I tried a couple of things: setting up a firewall and opening the port. Fully disabling the firewall. Certainly rebooting.
    Are there any diagnostic tools for Synology where one could track what's happening network wise or with MusicIP?

Thanks
    Matthias