Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by Artz View Post
    Are you saying you got Google home to talk to Squeezebox server completely locally? That is great. Is the code open? Can you out the instructions on git if possible?
    I would have no issue with sharing it ů if I remembered how I did it ů
    I didnĺt document it at the time because I didnĺt see it as a quick hack and not a good starting point for a long-term solution.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

LMS Voice control

Has anyone made any further progress here? I have Touch and RasPi pCorePlayers throughout my home and now got RasPi Home Assistant up and running. I would like to have Alexa voice control of my LMS over and above basic on/off volume up/down i.e. selection and playing of favourites, music folders and/or specific song tracks from my collection. I'd pay for Nabu Casa HA icloud integration if that would do it but I haven't found much evidence of this to date. Having had fingers burnt in the past, I'm reluctant to open up ports on my router and I'm getting a bit old to set up all the LMS Controls from first principles, hence my interest in Nabu Casa.

If anyone else shares these goals and has made any progress I would very much welcome tips and suggestions

Thanks in advance

Chip

Quote Originally Posted by ChipMonk View Post
    I would like to have Alexa voice control of my LMS over and above basic on/off volume up/down i.e. selection and playing of favourites, music folders and/or specific song tracks from my collection.
    This thread is about Google Home integration - not Amazon Alexa.

If you do want Alexa then search this forum and you will find at least 3 solutions that are supported by 3rd-party developers.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    This thread is about Google Home integration - not Amazon Alexa.

If you do want Alexa then search this forum and you will find at least 3 solutions that are supported by 3rd-party developers.
    My mistake Paul. I should have said Alexa and/or Google.

My Home Assistant implementation is quite recent and I'm still trying to figure out if this offers an easier/more secure/more robust/more cost effective option for voice control, or not. I have Amazon Prime and a couple of Echos but also lots of Google Android devices so all options open.

Given that you have an Alexa device your can try out the integration for free.
    But head over to one of the Alexa threads for more on that particular topic/integration.
    Paul Webster