Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @truscellino

try these settings on the tweaks page

Name:  piCorePlayer sabre dac power switch pins.png
Views: 383
Size:  36.5 KB

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @truscellino

ronnie
    Yes - this works now. Thank you - much appreciated!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @truscellino

Name:  piCorePlayer sabre dac power switch pins.png
Views: 383
Size:  36.5 KB

ronnie
    Can I just understand what people's view is on cutting off the power via the plug having a PiZeroW with a WIfI Berry mini amp coupled to it. Will not cutting the wall plug damage the SSD card on the long run? I'm thinking I should add one of those desktop reset switches to one of the GPIOs and add a Red LED to another pin. When you press the reset switch, power goes down and the LED light switches off. Does anyone have such a setup? It seems like a neater way of managing the power on the unit. My LMS is installed on a server to which I have many PiZeroW + WIfI Berry mini amp solutions connecting to the LMS server.

Cheers

If you are running pCP as a player only then simply cutting the power should not cause a problem because pCP runs everything in memory and only writes out to storage when you ask it to (e.g. making a configuration change).
    However, it is unlikely that you would be using SSD in that configuration ... so presumably your question is about a pCP running LMS.
    In that case - simply cutting the power is generally not a good idea because LMS does write things out to storage more frequently as part of its normal operation.

I don't know if your SSD requires formal dismounting to keep it safe even when apparently idle. For example, it might be doing its own internal housekeeping when you pull the plug. I read ( https://superuser.com/questions/1155...f-i-have-a-ssd ) that some SSD have capacitors to help them close down gracefully.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    so presumably your question is about a pCP running LMS.
    I think "SSD card" was simply a typo.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If you are running pCP as a player only then simply cutting the power should not cause a problem because pCP runs everything in memory and only writes out to storage when you ask it to (e.g. making a configuration change).
    However, it is unlikely that you would be using SSD in that configuration ... so presumably your question is about a pCP running LMS.
    In that case - simply cutting the power is generally not a good idea because LMS does write things out to storage more frequently as part of its normal operation.

I don't know if your SSD requires formal dismounting to keep it safe even when apparently idle. For example, it might be doing its own internal housekeeping when you pull the plug. I read ( https://superuser.com/questions/1155...f-i-have-a-ssd ) that some SSD have capacitors to help them close down gracefully.

Forgive me, I didn't mean SSD but SD card (micro memory card). No LMS running on the SD Card as LMS is running on a proper server (different unit). I have different PiZeroW + WIfI Berry mini amp units running in the house. Works really great. Just want to make a few tweaks now. The LED but is important as I keep forgetting these on and they juice up electricity during the week when I'm not home so need to remember to switch off at the end of the weekend.
    Last edited by squeezetux; 2020-04-10 at 15:26.

As long as LMS is not running on that device. Just pull the power then, Completely safe to do. The only time anything is written to the SD card is when you make a change in the web interface, requiring a backup to be done.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

RemotePi Board and PcP?

At the moment I have 4 out of 6 players running on PcP and switched from airplay streaming to Squeezelite. All in all it seems to be a big improvement in quality and stability.
    But the last two players are still on Volumio, so I want to switch those as well. Both have a RemotePi board power controller installed and one of them is also the LMS server.

Unfortunately the instructions on the manufacturers website do not include any hints for PcP.. Getting the remote control to work seems pretty straightforward to me, but the power on/off GPIO not that much..

In reverse engineering the provided bash scripts, I understand that pin14 is the one that PcP needs to monitor to receive the shutdown message from the RemotePi board. And pin 15 is the one that PcP needs to raise to send the shutdown message to the RemotePi. And it might also be needed to additionally pull up pin 14 again at the end of the sequence to confirm to the RemotePi board that system is shutting down...

Since I never shutdown PcP through the webinterface I believe it's fine to ignore the second part (pin15), but I will need pin14 to trigger the shutdown script (especially for the player running LMS). So should I put that under "Shutdown GPIO" in PcP or under "Poweroff GPIO"?

I suspect it should be "shutdown GPIO" - Pin 14 - "Active low" - "Pull up", but am reluctant to try because I don't want to toast the power board..
    Does anyone have any experience with the RemotePi board and PcP? Or any other suggestions before I try?

Since they use the pins for both input an output, you are going to have manually configure everything.

Put the start script in /home/tc . Since we do not have a rc.local or run systemd, executing the startup script is done by placing it in user commands on the tweaks page.

Executing shutdown scripts can go in /opt/shutdown.sh. But to shut down, your first script would want to call

exitcheck.sh shutdown (Instead of shutdown -h now)
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Great, many thanks, that seems doable.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    But to shut down, your first script would want to call exitcheck.sh shutdown (Instead of shutdown -h now)
    Is that the same as pcp sd?