Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    If you load Shairport-sync or WAP, avahi/zeroconfig *may* be a dependency so it will be installed.
    Shairport-sync currently uses the built-in tinysvcmdns service. The avahi dependency was removed around the time that picoreplayer 4.0 was released.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Just to say thanks, Ralphy, Paul and Greg, for your answers and kind help.
    It was bit of a challenge, but I guess that's mainly me wanting too much and knowing too little.

Really happy with PcP and the great multiroom system I have now.

Anytime. Feel free to ask questions. That's what the community is all about.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You could then kill that process and try to run udhcpc by hand to experiment
    [...]
    Also - what is your DHCP server and does it support option 12?
    Does it have an interface that shows you DHCP assignments that it is managing?
    Does it have any logs?

The AirPlay stuff might be working because I suspect it uses avahi to announce
    So this issue keeps coming back. I'm still running Volumio with LMS server and Squeezelite. Whenever I change the settings and reboot everything it works for a couple of hours, but then usually the next morning (not sure it's related, but my router is set to reboot every day at 5AM) it all breaks down again..

This is especially annoying because I use curl commands in lircrc, which doesn't allow scripting or variables, so changes to mac address of the players or name of the server need to be changed manually for every button..

When I go through the process you outlined above I get a few "oversized packet, ignoring" and a few "unrelated/bogus packet, ignoring", and one "route: SIOCDELRT: No such process"..

My router is Asus, and I guess it would allow me ssh into it. But since this router is rather central for our internet connection (and we're working from home) I am hesitant to get to deep into that route yet..

There is something odd with Volumio, that it insists on using a (non-hardware) MAC address for Squeezelite, I tried manually setting that to the hardware address but thst does not make the problem go away. For now I will probably see if the problem goes away when I change the Pi running LMS from Volumio to pCP. But that process will take me a few hours probably so haven't started that yet.

Meanwhile if you have any other suggestions, that would be most welcome.

How about skipping the reboot of the router for a day or two and see if this problem goes away.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    How about skipping the reboot of the router for a day or two and see if this problem goes away.
    *hehe* Yes, good suggestion, thanks. :-) I'll try that.

Also rebooted everything and enabled Airplay again on Volumio (since I no longer have the Airplay bridge in LMS I don't care wether it's on or off). All works fine again now, so will report back tomorrow or in a couple of days.
    Last edited by jeroen2; 2020-10-13 at 02:58.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    .local is from avahi/zeroconf. pCP can send curl commands to the LMS server all day long. There are other ways to automatically find IP address of your LMS server....much lighter weight than avahi
    The way we prefer to do it in pcp, is to look at the local device and see what LMS server squeezelite is connected to.
    Thanks for this suggestion. I now wrote a small script that gets called from Lircrc (in stead of hardcoding the full curl command for every single key). It adds an extra layer, which I don't like, but it's much easier to maintain and indeed does not require a reference to the server name anymore either. The script looks like this:
    (note that the remote controls its own player directly using "pcp up", pcp down", etc.. But it also starts preset radio stations on the leading player and volume and power functions on a small piZero player in a connected room, by curling json commands to the server)
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

LMSIP=$(netstat -nt 2>&1 | grep :3483 | grep ESTABLISHED | uniq -f 4 | awk '{ print $5 }' | grep :3483 | awk -F: '{ print $1 }')

#MAC address for external players
    bathroomMAC="b8:27:eb:8a:xxxx"
    livingroomMAC="aa:aa:bd:41:xxxx"

# only preset commands go to main player (format "lmsjson.sh preset 1") all others go to bathroom (format "lmsjson.sh power 0", max 3 params) 

if [ $1 = "preset" ]
    then
            command='{"id": 1, "method": "slim.request", "params":["'$livingroomMAC'", ["favorites", "playlist", "play", "item_id:2.'$2'"]]}'
    else
           command='{"id": 1, "method": "slim.request", "params":["'$bathroomMAC'", ["'$1'", "'$2'", "'$3'"]]}'
    fi

#echo $LMSIP
    #echo $command
    eval "curl -X POST -d '"$command"' "$LMSIP":9000/jsonrpc.js"
    The lircrc files now only contains lines like this:
    Code:
    begin
        prog = irexec
        remote = WD_TV_LIVE_REMOTE
        button = KEY_3
        repeat = 0
        config = /home/tc/lmsjson.sh preset 2
    end
    One odd thing I noticed though: It seems that squeezelite is also connected to and listening to Lirc, because the mute key (which is not in my lircrc file) mutes the player. Since LMS seems to have issues with Mute/Unmute I want to avoid that.. But I can't figure out how squeezelite is configured to respond to Lirc. There is nothing in my Lirrc file for the mute key, so it seems to be at a lower level. Would anybody know where I can find the mapping for this connection?

The mapping is hard coded in squeezelite https://github.com/ralph-irving/sque...ob/master/ir.c

And we also automatically enable squeezelite to use IR when the all the lirc stuff is installed. There are some IR threads that might have some info.
    Last edited by paul-; 2020-10-15 at 05:45.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The mapping is hard coded in squeezelite https://github.com/ralph-irving/sque...ob/master/ir.c

And we also automatically enable squeezelite to use IR when the all the lirc stuff is installed. There are some IR threads that might have some info.
    Ah, cool, thanks!! That's a clever setup.

I solved my problem by renaming the Mute button to something completely different in Lircd.conf. But then I can probably also remove a bunch of the player controls from my own custom .lircrc and just leave it to PCP.