Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @truscellino

try these settings on the tweaks page

Name:  piCorePlayer sabre dac power switch pins.png
Views: 304
Size:  36.5 KB

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @truscellino

ronnie
    Yes - this works now. Thank you - much appreciated!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @truscellino

Name:  piCorePlayer sabre dac power switch pins.png
Views: 304
Size:  36.5 KB

ronnie
    Can I just understand what people's view is on cutting off the power via the plug having a PiZeroW with a WIfI Berry mini amp coupled to it. Will not cutting the wall plug damage the SSD card on the long run? I'm thinking I should add one of those desktop reset switches to one of the GPIOs and add a Red LED to another pin. When you press the reset switch, power goes down and the LED light switches off. Does anyone have such a setup? It seems like a neater way of managing the power on the unit. My LMS is installed on a server to which I have many PiZeroW + WIfI Berry mini amp solutions connecting to the LMS server.

Cheers

If you are running pCP as a player only then simply cutting the power should not cause a problem because pCP runs everything in memory and only writes out to storage when you ask it to (e.g. making a configuration change).
    However, it is unlikely that you would be using SSD in that configuration ... so presumably your question is about a pCP running LMS.
    In that case - simply cutting the power is generally not a good idea because LMS does write things out to storage more frequently as part of its normal operation.

I don't know if your SSD requires formal dismounting to keep it safe even when apparently idle. For example, it might be doing its own internal housekeeping when you pull the plug. I read ( https://superuser.com/questions/1155...f-i-have-a-ssd ) that some SSD have capacitors to help them close down gracefully.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    so presumably your question is about a pCP running LMS.
    I think "SSD card" was simply a typo.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If you are running pCP as a player only then simply cutting the power should not cause a problem because pCP runs everything in memory and only writes out to storage when you ask it to (e.g. making a configuration change).
    However, it is unlikely that you would be using SSD in that configuration ... so presumably your question is about a pCP running LMS.
    In that case - simply cutting the power is generally not a good idea because LMS does write things out to storage more frequently as part of its normal operation.

I don't know if your SSD requires formal dismounting to keep it safe even when apparently idle. For example, it might be doing its own internal housekeeping when you pull the plug. I read ( https://superuser.com/questions/1155...f-i-have-a-ssd ) that some SSD have capacitors to help them close down gracefully.

Forgive me, I didn't mean SSD but SD card (micro memory card). No LMS running on the SD Card as LMS is running on a proper server (different unit). I have different PiZeroW + WIfI Berry mini amp units running in the house. Works really great. Just want to make a few tweaks now. The LED but is important as I keep forgetting these on and they juice up electricity during the week when I'm not home so need to remember to switch off at the end of the weekend.
    Last edited by squeezetux; 2020-04-10 at 15:26.

As long as LMS is not running on that device. Just pull the power then, Completely safe to do. The only time anything is written to the SD card is when you make a change in the web interface, requiring a backup to be done.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer