Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Band tag in dsf files

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with custom scan and custom browse for my classical collection. I am using the following custom tag;

ALLARTISTS=combine ALBUMARTIST|BAND(text= / )|BAND|CONDUCTOR(text= / )|CONDUCTOR

For a dsf album that I have, the tags are as follows;
    ALBUMARTIST = Rachel Podger
    BAND= Brecon Baroque
    Conductor = Rachel Podger

However, the above custom tag formula, after a custom scan, gives me the following;

Rachel Podger / Rachel Podger / Rachel Podger

For the flac albums that I have, it works fine. For the dsf albums that I have the above custom tag does not work the same as for my flac albums. Does anybody know what is the cause or how to solve it?

Thanks!
    Living: Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
    Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
    Kids rooms: SB Booms
    Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
    Controls: iPeng & LMS via internet
    Server: Windows 10 with LMS 7.9.2
    Spare: 2 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 1 SB Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfiction View Post
    Hi all,

I have been experimenting with custom scan and custom browse for my classical collection. I am using the following custom tag;

ALLARTISTS=combine ALBUMARTIST|BAND(text= / )|BAND|CONDUCTOR(text= / )|CONDUCTOR

BAND= Brecon Baroque

However, the above custom tag formula, after a custom scan, gives me the following;

For the flac albums that I have, it works fine. For the dsf albums that I have the above custom tag does not work the same as for my flac albums. Does anybody know what is the cause or how to solve it?

Thanks!
    I have discovered some flac albums that also don't have the expected custom tag result. Does custom tag skip a file if it takes too long for example? A custom scan takes around 3 hours for 1700 albums...
    Living: Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650

Hi all,

BAND= Brecon Baroque

Thanks!
    I have figured this out...LMS shows the BAND tag as Rachel Podger. So custom scan/browse are ok.
    Problem is that the BAND tag is Brecon Baroque. See the screenshots. Why does LMS show Band=Rachel Podger when the tag shows Band=Brecon Baroque? Is this a bug in LMS? Or does DSF not support BAND tags?

Name:  band.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  192.7 KBName:  band2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  184.2 KB

DSF most commonly uses ID3 tags. It might be getting confused between AA and BAND because AA has been de facto stored in the BAND field in ID3v2 for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by elstensoftware View Post
    DSF most commonly uses ID3 tags. It might be getting confused between AA and BAND because AA has been de facto stored in the BAND field in ID3v2 for quite some time.
    Thanks. Do you know how to fix it? I'm using mp3tag, which I think uses ID3v2 tags...

Thanks. Do you know how to fix it? I'm using mp3tag, which I think uses ID3v2 tags...
    Mp3tag reads&writes different types&versions of tags. But having multiple tag versions in parallel time might cause issues. So first check that mp3tag shows a single tag type for your tracks in its main window's tag column, for example as "ID3v2.3 (ID3v2.3)".

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    Mp3tag reads&writes different types&versions of tags. But having multiple tag versions in parallel time might cause issues. So first check that mp3tag shows a single tag type for your tracks in its main window's tag column, for example as "ID3v2.3 (ID3v2.3)".
    Ok, all tags are ID3v2.3. For flac/mp3 all goes well. However, when using dsf files, the tags are shown for example as TPE2. When I look at the wiki (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...rSupportedTags) album artist and band are saved both as TPE2.

Now I wonder; Is it even possible to set a different album artist (Podger) and band (Brecon Baroque) in a dsf file tag that LMS reads correctly?

Ok, all tags are ID3v2.3. For flac/mp3 all goes well. However, when using dsf files, the tags are shown for example as TPE2. When I look at the wiki (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...rSupportedTags) album artist and band are saved both as TPE2.

Now I wonder; Is it even possible to set a different album artist (Podger) and band (Brecon Baroque) in a dsf file tag that LMS reads correctly?
    What setting do you have for the TPE2-tag in LMS? In the webgui, see Settings -> My Music, second item on the page. You can choose between interpreting the TPE2 as either BAND or ALBUMARTIST.
    I don't use tag myself AFAIK, but setting the tag as BAND should resolve your issue, theoretically.
    (I'm using a swedish version of LMS so 'Settings -> My Music' is my guessed translation, it may have different wording.)
    2 Touch, 1 Picoreplayer 4.0.0 on RaspBerry 3B with 7" display
    LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB
    All wired

Quote Originally Posted by BosseJ View Post
    What setting do you have for the TPE2-tag in LMS? In the webgui, see Settings -> My Music, second item on the page. You can choose between interpreting the TPE2 as either BAND or ALBUMARTIST.
    I don't use tag myself AFAIK, but setting the tag as BAND should resolve your issue, theoretically.
    (I'm using a swedish version of LMS so 'Settings -> My Music' is my guessed translation, it may have different wording.)
    LMS should interpret TPE2 tag as Band. That is the setting I use. However, the thing is that I would like to have a different Band (Brecon Baroque) and Album Artist (Podger). If I tag Brecon Baroque as TPE2, the Band should be ok. But how do I tag the album artist in a dsf file if I have used the TPE2 for the Band tag?

LMS should interpret TPE2 tag as Band. That is the setting I use. However, the thing is that I would like to have a different Band (Brecon Baroque) and Album Artist (Podger). If I tag Brecon Baroque as TPE2, the Band should be ok. But how do I tag the album artist in a dsf file if I have used the TPE2 for the Band tag?
    Is your problem with the track presentation in the LMS webgui? You seem to have all the necessary information already encoded in the tags. In my experience it seems the presentation in the right side, top of page, is:
    1st line: TITLE <according to to setting under tab "user interface" ("grńnssnitt" in swedish), could be TITLE | DISC-TRACKNUM. TITLE | etc>
    2nd line: COMPOSER, DIRECTOR, ALBUMARTIST , ARTIST (if all set). No way to display other tags that I can see.
    3rd line: ALBUM

Have you tried to set the TPE2 as ALBUMARTIST instead? (It will cause a rescan of your music library so may take some time plus still not get the wanted results.) Long shot, I know ...

Full disclosure: I have no idea what I'm saying here since I have never used the Custom Scan plugin. Beware :-)
    2 Touch, 1 Picoreplayer 4.0.0 on RaspBerry 3B with 7" display
    LMS latest nightly on Ubuntu 18.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB
    All wired