Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LMS troubles

Worked like a charm for over a year

It was about 2 weeks ago or so I started having troubles. I never liked that I saw 2 drives but I was always able to access files and the drive auto slept. Always woke up so a little slow at first.
    I have Netgear Nighthawk top of the line router and it works great. I was always smug that I didn't have any troubles
    I am reformatting Passport 820 for EXT 4 right now and I might try to reattached in to the pi see if I can get pCP to recognize it as one drive.
    Not sure what the formatting of the other drive is. I just attached it to the router for network storage.
    I just ran diagnostics on Passport 820 and it checked out.
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 4.0.0, LMS 7.9.2, WD usb drive for Music files
    (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) Duet

Remounted Passport 820

Hi Paul

I remounted usb Passport 820 took a screen shot and ran dmesg. If you get a chance you might look at this and see if you think it might work otherwise I'll just fall back to the Network drive.

Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 4.0.0, LMS 7.9.2, WD usb drive for Music files

That disk needs help.

ssh in and dp this.

Code:
    sudo umount /dev/sdc5
    sudo fsck /dev/sdc5
    sudo mount /dev/sdc5 /mnt/Passport
    If the fsck command does not fix the errors, post the output of that command. If it does fix them, then you can remount the disk. Depending on the errors, it might be best to just reformat the disk, and then recopy your music to it.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Passport 820 is trouble

Hi Paul,

I just unplugged it, it shut down the web interface for LMS. I ran the commands you gave me and then dmesg and you can look at the file but I am going to give up on that drive for LMS. It's old and tired and was never installed correctly.
    Everything is working fine right now & I'll check that Network drive eventually. You have been a great help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tex; 2018-07-14 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    There are no voltage warnings in dmesg, so I don't think it is a power supply problem.
    Thats the reason behind my question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Thanks for the responses!
    I moved my music files to a disk on my router so I could unplug the local usb drive that was drawing power from the pi.
    since i run some rpi3 (with the org. psu) and attached usb3 (new devices) disk - imho there is no real technical reason not to use (a single) usb disk on the rpi.

I agree unless the usb disk is old and failing like Passport 820.
    What I think was going on was Passport 820 was going into sleep mode and not waking up, until I rebooted.
    I always liked that it would go into sleep mode since it would draw less current.
    The usb drive I have on the router runs continuously.
    Last edited by Tex; 2018-07-14 at 05:20.