Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I'll have to look into this. But please take any further discussion to a
    different thread. It's becoming rather off topic.
    Thanks Michael, and thanks again @matka! Moved to the Qobuz streaming plugin thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post917527
    LMS: SGC microJukebox Ľ Players: Duet, Touch (two), ultraRendu, Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X Ľ Control apps: Android Squeezer, Win Squeezelite-X

I moved to Tidal when Spotify went funny and I couldn't get the new plugin to work. One aspect concerns me. When I try to use Tidal I have to first log on, then open another app (usually Radio Paradise) and then go back into Tidal before it will work. Not seen anyone else having the same problem so can only assume it's something to do with my setup.

Which Streaming Music Service works best for You andyour system?

> I moved to Tidal when Spotify went funny and I couldn't get the new
    > plugin to work. One aspect concerns me. When I try to use Tidal I have
    > to first log on, then open another app (usually Radio Paradise) and then
    > go back into Tidal before it will work. Not seen anyone else having the
    > same problem so can only assume it's something to do with my setup.

Anything in server.log?

--

Michael

Various Problems with TIDAL streaming?

Is anyone else having problems with TIDAL streaming?

Pandora seems solid and I'm fairly confident my Internet service or WiFi isn't to blame.
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.6 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post

Pandora seems solid and I'm fairly confident my Internet service or WiFi isn't to blame.
    I started an hour later but I've run through most of a playlist with no issues here. Tidal problems like that are often local or regional anyway. It's very frustrating, and in fact of the 1,100 posts in the ComputerAudiophile "Official Tidal HiFi Streaming Issues Thread" my impression is that most of the complaints are about unexplained stuttering, dropouts, freezes, and hangs/rebuffering.

If you're still having problems, we should probably take this to a new thread to discuss further.
    LMS: SGC microJukebox Ľ Players: Duet, Touch (two), ultraRendu, Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X Ľ Control apps: Android Squeezer, Win Squeezelite-X

Spotify is best for their huge collection and TIDAL is better for Hi-Rez (16/44).

We have been having a problems here with TIDAL and it turned out to be very sensitive to DNS. Set up a good caching DNS server and TIDAL works much better.

Also Qobuz is coming to the US and and they higher then CD quality streaming. Should be interesting.
    rip, tag, get cover artů All you do is insert the CD!
    http://vortexbox.org

agillis
    Lead Developer VortexBox

ROON recomend thier Tidal users with problems to implement googles DNS servers in thier routers etc .

Is/Was that not a problem that some internet providers cheap out on DNS services ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post

Tidal has always been rock solid in my setup. Location Denmark. Sound quality is super...
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe