Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

deezer here

The main thing that I like about deezer, apart from the fact that it works well with LMS, is that the download speeds are very good; at least to me. There is a noticeable difference in downloading the local copy of an album to my phone, for example. Really much faster. I don't know why. Deezer also seems to improve their service to my liking. About the only thing that I dislike about Deezer that I had in Spotify is that Spotify had the ability to create folders within playlists. So, for example, I can setup a playlist in Spotify as a genre of music, say acoustic-rock. Then I can go into that folder and setup different playlists. Deezer has only flat playlists.

Which Streaming Music Service works best for You andyour system?

> Spotify had the ability to create folders within playlists. So, for
    > example, I can setup a playlist in Spotify as a genre of music, say
    > acoustic-rock. Then I can go into that folder and setup different
    > playlists. Deezer has only flat playlists.

Unfortunately Spotify does not expose those folders in their APIs. Which
    means that we cannot browse playlists by folders on the SB.

--

Michael

deezer here

Michael, while you are listening in on this conversation, I would like to express my gratitude for all the good work you have put into Spotty. For me, it is really a toss up between Spotify and Deezer. It is easy enough to switch also.

One additional question for this group. Google is now pushing for their YouTube Music service. Is there a way to play this on LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by freelsjd View Post
    Michael, while you are listening in on this conversation, I would like to express my gratitude for all the good work you have put into Spotty. For me, it is really a toss up between Spotify and Deezer. It is easy enough to switch also.

One additional question for this group. Google is now pushing for their YouTube Music service. Is there a way to play this on LMS?

I have used the YouTube Plugin for some time. It's reported though that it streams the whole video and not just the audio. That's a bit of a drawback if you're streaming daily as you could approach a data cap pretty easily if you have them. But, I really like that it somehow seems to bypass all the ads.

youtube music

Partly answering my own question, I researched the new service a little bit. I have not actually tried it, and there is a free month trial. But, from what others have said, the bit rate tops at 128K which seems very low for a $9.99/mo fee. That combined with new direct LMS service will eliminate me as a potential customer.

No Explicit Filters in Deezer

Interesting and unexpected development regarding my search for a music service: Recently I signed up for both Spotify and Deezer. Spotify initially but then Deezer as I'm still not yet able to get my Spotify Plugin working (It's definitely an issue with my Win 7 OS install needing a fresh reinstall of the OS - not something I'll have time for anytime soon.)

Anyway, we're grooving out in the house with Deezer when my oldest child (4 years old) wants to hear something about Room Without A Roof. A quick Google Search reveals that he's discovering Pop Music - much to the chagrin of my John Coletrane, Hank Mobley, Stanley Turrentine taste. But hey, he's 4 and anything to get him grooving too! So we play Happy by Pharrell Williams and then turn on the Deezer flow to follow. A few songs later my 4 year old is hearing about how We're gonna (something) her (something) up in da (something)... Ouch! Another quick Google search reveals that Deezer doesn't really have a method for filtering explicit lyrics. Nothing I exactly anticipated as most everything I listen to is instrumental or is from the days where everything was radio-friendly.

So, I'm still searching.

Napster / Rhapsody or TIDAL and DEEZER

Napster / Rhapsody:
    I canceled my subscription more than a year ago, because it runs only on newer Logitech devices (Touch, Radio) and not on SB3 or software devices.

Deezer Premium:
    Works fairly well. Sometimes the last seconds of a song are ôgoneö. You will find a thread about this problem in the Forum. And sometimes during ôprimetimeö the service is not available. At least from Neuss in Germany.
    It works on my hardware devices and with Squeezelite Software players.
    Deezer is strong in audio books and French music.

TIDAL: CD Quality
    Works very good. Service was always available without any dropouts.
    It works on my hardware devices and with Squeezelite Software players

Controllers Hardware: 1XTouch,2XRadio,1XBoom,1XSB3,piCorePlayer
    Controllers Software: squeezelite, Squeeze Player
    Steuerung: Squeeze Comander
    Plugins: Dynamic Mix; Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; MusicInfoSCR; LazySearch 2..

LMS 7.9 (UBUNTU 10.04) und MusicIP Server like:
    http://powersat.de/showthread.php?49...sungsvorschlag

Using Spotify with Spotty plug in; generally works very well - occasional hiccup when streaming to more than three devices. The Spotify paid service also allows me to download music to my phone & tablet for offline listening, which I use frequently when traveling.

I like the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists and occasionally listen to some of their genre play lists.
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

LMS 7.9 on Raspberry Pi3 w/200GB SD
    5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 2 Radios, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone & 1 iPad w/iPeng, 1 Android phone w/Squeezer

Quote Originally Posted by noexit View Post
    I absolutely love my LMS system. I have either Windows PC's or Android Devices in most every section of my home that I sync music to on and off depending on various family member moods all day long. We use it all the time for lots of things.

We're just now considering a subscribing to a music streaming service. But we're not sure which one will work the best for us. We've just signed up for a Spotify trial as we like the various selections of 50's to 70's Jazz they have on board. We like the deep cuts they have and the large selection. But we're still working on getting it setup to interface and stream through LMS so we can listen throughout the house.

So, we're looking for feedback from the Squeezebox Community as to which Music Streaming Services might be the most popular and easiest to configure with the widest selection available.

All feedback graciously appreciated.

Michael
    Johnson City, TN
    I use Tidal. Works smoothly with LMS and much much better sound quality than Spotify.
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe