Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

replacement remotes?

Hello all,

Are there any 3rd party remotes that can be used to replace the squeezebox and/or transporter remotes?
    I have a transporter and a squeezebox player and only one remote. If this remote goes bad I won't be able to setup these players.
    I am trying to think ahead for possible solutions if/when this remote quits working.

TIA,
    LCH

As it happens, Logitech makes universal remotes, and they were kind enough to include SB support.
    Currently using a Logitech Harmony Companion to control TV, STB, AV Receiver, DVD and SB3.

That said, I haven't tried to set up my SB from scratch using a universal remote.

You probably already have a simple learning remote. My Yamaha AVR remote has been manually programmed to know the very basic (needed) buttons necessary to operate my SB players. I only programmed On/Off and arrows (L, R, Up, Down) and Enter. Convenient to need only one remote for AVR + SB3 usage. Original SB3 remote is my backup remote, put away with no batteries.

If your players are an SB3 or Boom you can use a JVC_DVD remote (or a universal remote programmed for JVC_DVD) as the basic commands are the same.
    I assume this will also work with a Transporter but I don't have one to try.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Sl...kAAOSwCJxZ5nmg
    (Seller is currently on vacation...that's why the price is high right now)
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2018-07-15 at 02:09.