Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi,

One unexpected thing: I thought that the wget would save the hdparm on the disk. However, after reboot, I could not directly use the hdparm command. I had to redownload it.

How does this happens ? Is there a way to make the existence of the hdparm command "resilient to reboot" ?

JMF

Quote Originally Posted by JMF11 View Post
    Hi,

One unexpected thing: I thought that the wget would save the hdparm on the disk. However, after reboot, I could not directly use the hdparm command. I had to redownload it.

How does this happens ? Is there a way to make the existence of the hdparm command "resilient to reboot" ?

JMF
    I think this is discussed in the posts directly before your first post.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hi JMF11,

Arh... you have discovered one of the main features of TinyCore/piCore. It is RAM based.

When you boot piCorePlayer, effectively a brand new Linux system is built from downloaded extensions stored on your SD card. This gives us a very reliable system, fast and it hardly uses the SD card after it is booted. This is great for static content.

For dynamic content, such as configuration files, the backup feature is used to store all the config files on the SD card and are restored after the system has rebooted. Your home directory and sub directories are part of the backup system.

So if you put the file in your home directory and do a backup it will be restored.

The simple way to do a backup is through the [Main Page] on web interface or if you have ssh in, $pcp bu

https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_..._via_ssh.shtml
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/pcp_cli.shtml

BTW: Once a program gets added to an extension all this is invisible to the user.

regards
    Greg

Thanks Greg,

Clear now :-)

JMF