Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23

    How to view the output sample rate from LMS

    My setup is latest LMS on an Ubuntu box, piCorePlayer feeding I2S to a DAM1021 ladder dac.

    I have created a custom-convert.conf to upsample FLAC files to 384000 which seems to work i.e. it does not fall over!

    I previously had setup piCorePlayer to do this but given that the Linux box has much more processing power I would prefer to use it to do the hard work.

    My problem is that I have no way of checking whether the upsampling has taken place, I did try requesting a log from Squeezelite setting logging level to stream=debug but I did not find the logfile in the location specified - /var/log/pcp_squeezelite.log on the Linux box.

    Does anyone know of a way to tell the actual sample rate output from LMS or input to piCorePlayer?

    The DAM1021 has no nice flashing LEDs to show the input sample rate.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,875
    Enable player.source to INFO and you'll see the command generated by your custom-convert.conf file - you shoudl eb able to see all the parameters filled in (e.g. new sample rate). IIRC look for the text "tokenized command" in the log

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Enable player.source to INFO and you'll see the command generated by your custom-convert.conf file - you shoudl eb able to see all the parameters filled in (e.g. new sample rate). IIRC look for the text "tokenized command" in the log
    Thanks for that however whenever I set logging in Settings / Advanced / Logging to your suggestion [Logging - "Server", player.source - "Info"; and click Apply.

    Checking the logfile server.log there are no new entries when I start music which should be processed by sox.

    I will try connecting another player which cannot handle 384k - it should be silent, then change to 192k (which it can handle) and there should be music.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,875
    Quote Originally Posted by sondale View Post
    Thanks for that however whenever I set logging in Settings / Advanced / Logging to your suggestion [Logging - "Server", player.source - "Info"; and click Apply.

    Checking the logfile server.log there are no new entries when I start music which should be processed by sox.

    I will try connecting another player which cannot handle 384k - it should be silent, then change to 192k (which it can handle) and there should be music.
    Player.source will generate dozens of lines of text which (assuming logging has been enabled correctly and correct file is being examined) probably means no transcoding is taking i.e. your rules are not being applied.
    An alternative is when the track is playing - transcoding will create a chain of child processes (start with slimserver.pl forking sh ) to do the transcoding so play a internet stream (not a file which may end too quickly) and then look at the process tree of the LMS server.

    edit:
    In case no transcoding is taking place - cover all options by enabling the following
    enable player.streaming.direct to INFO, player.streaming.remote to INFO and player.streaming to INFO
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-06-28 at 03:33.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23
    It looks as though no transcoding is taking place - it appears to be 44.1k output.

    I will look at my changes and then set extra logging as per your suggestions.

    I have looked everywhere I can to make sure that custom-convert.conf is in the correct folder - currently it is in the same folder as convert.conf.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,875
    Quote Originally Posted by sondale View Post
    It looks as though no transcoding is taking place - it appears to be 44.1k output.

    I will look at my changes and then set extra logging as per your suggestions.

    I have looked everywhere I can to make sure that custom-convert.conf is in the correct folder - currently it is in the same folder as convert.conf.
    Enable Player.source to DEBUG in logging and then got into FileTypes menu - log entries will show all the rules "active" - your rule should be there.

    If rule are not there, most likely fault is the format of the conf file - LMS is very very picky about leading spaces and tabs. Zip and attach the custom-convert.conf to a post (do not copy into a post as tabs may be converted to spaces)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23
    bpa - many thanks for your help so far - I now have confirmation that the file is in the correct folder and one of the scripts borrowed from another thread is running - albeit with occasional stutters!

    So now that I have the tools (and several logfiles) I should be able to get the second script working - otherwise I will be back.

    I may try the C-3PO plugin at some stage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •