Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Relocate LMS files to another disk

Hi, all!
    A noob question..
    I run LMS on an odroid HC2 which uses a SDC card to host the system (debian stretch+OMV+LMS).
    In order to reduce writes on SD card, I tried to use /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver config path (prefs, cache, log) to set them to an external HD (/sharedfolder for OMV).
    Set the perms to squeezeboxserver:nogroup after copying all files from /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.
    And renamed /var/lib/squeezeboxserver to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.old for backup purpose.
    Then reinstalled lms (latest version as of June 18).

However, now I get :
    Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('dbname=/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/library.db','slimserver',...) failed: unable to open database file at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 999.
    [18-06-27 09:33:12.0215] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
    frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1023)
    frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_connect (/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 853)
    frame 3: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::_populate_dbh (/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 789)
    frame 4: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::ensure_connected (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 43)
    frame 5: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 43)
    frame 6: Slim::Schema::Storage::dbh (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 287)
    frame 7: Slim::Schema::_connect (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 130)
    frame 8: Slim::Schema::init (/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 552)
    frame 9: main::init (/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 675)
    frame 10: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver line 1213)

which is solved naturally by re-renaming to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.

Does it mean that paths are hard-coded and there is no way to use LMS as I intended?

Some explanations would be welcomed!!!!
    Thks you all!

Quote Originally Posted by mascaret View Post
    Does it mean that paths are hard-coded and there is no way to use LMS as I intended?

Some explanations would be welcomed!!!!
    Thks you all!
    Hi,

afaik some paths are hardcoded but that doesnt mean you cant use lms on a hd.

just stop lms
    rename the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/ to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.org/
    add a mountpoint from the disk to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver
    mount that disk via fstab as auto
    copy all the files from /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.org/ to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/

start lms
    make sure evreything is ok
    Last edited by DJanGo; 2018-06-27 at 05:14.

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    Hi,

afaik some paths are hardcoded but that doesnt mean you cant use lms on a hd.

just stop lms
    rename the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/ to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.org/
    add a mountpoint from the disk to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver
    mount that disk via fstab as auto
    copy all the files from /var/lib/squeezeboxserver.org/ to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/

start lms
    make sure evreything is ok
    Hi! and thank you for your answer.
    However, all that is already done.
    And if I rename the old path, I get the error message pasted above.
    Gave another try and have : Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (487) bb:bb:8e:eb:47:ae: request not dispatchable!
    bb:bb:8e.. being the platine's mac address.
    Looks like Slim (I suppose it's the player interface in LMS's web page) can't stand the non-standard dir/prefs..

I sure can live with it, the goal (reducing wear on the sd card) being mostly achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by mascaret View Post
    Looks like Slim (I suppose it's the player interface in LMS's web page) can't stand the non-standard dir/prefs..
    I've got non standard dirs with no problem.

I think you should delete all files in the move cache directory and rebuild all the files inlcuding library.db. Cache entries may be holding old paths somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I've got non standard dirs with no problem.

I think you should delete all files in the move cache directory and rebuild all the files inlcuding library.db. Cache entries may be holding old paths somewhere.
    Actually, I intend to do a full reinstall of LMS (after a "purge"). Problems are piling up (pops and cracks on the begining of a track; track with no end (counter goes to 0:00 then back to -0:20 for instance; the following track is never read unless I order a move forward).

However, I suppose I will have to keep logitechmediaserver in /etc/init.d if I want to keep my "relocated" setup. Or edit the .deb with my own folders.

Wish LMS would come with an "installer" (choose directories, plugins, and so on..).

A nice week-end to all!