Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tagging was done with MP3 Tag. They show up as ID3v1, ID3v2, APE. Should I delete unneeded? When I export to text, the tags all look as they should. Any unused fields show up as a "-", but otherwise I can't see any other erroneous information. Is it possible something is hidden and MP3 Tag isn't exporting it? Another tool I should try reading with, perhaps?
    Thanks, again!

If they are MP3 files, then I'd only want ID3v2.3 tags. Unless you have a player that can't read v2.3, delete the v1 tags. You don't need APE. I believe your tagging options should look like this:

If they are FLAC files, then they should only have FLAC tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post

If they are FLAC files, then they should only have FLAC tags.
    It's all FLAC, and most of the files don't have 'issues.' Looking at your MP3 Tag screenshot, where are "FLAC" tags? Thought it was alway ID3v2.3 tags...

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    It's all FLAC, and most of the files don't have 'issues.' Looking at your MP3 Tag screenshot, where are "FLAC" tags? Thought it was alway ID3v2.3 tags...

Thank you
    Are you saying your flac files don't have flac tags? They should have.

Name:  flac.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  99.3 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

They actually do all show the tags types as FLAC. Back to hunting, I guess.

Will see about loading all 75k tracks in mp3 tag; anyone ever tried something like that?

Only problem now is where, as Allen Toussaint is not actually anywhere else in the collection that I can come up with. This could become a very long and arduous task with 75k tracks
    that should be quite simple...

Album: 'Jerry Garcia Band' from 1991 .
    Who is the composer of track 4 'Get Out of My Life Woman' ?

The problem is Jerry is fine!...lol
    Allen Toussaint shows no composer or other tags. Are you saying that if a Jerry tune elsewhere shows Allen Toussaint I'm going to have this problem with Toussaint in G's? Seems odd, but if you folkshave seen that, I'll start a big 75k mp3tag folder load and see how it goes...

The problem is Jerry is fine!...lol
    Allen Toussaint shows no composer or other tags. Are you saying that if a Jerry tune elsewhere shows Allen Toussaint I'm going to have this problem with Toussaint in G's? Seems odd, but if you folkshave seen that, I'll start a big 75k mp3tag folder load and see how it goes...
    yes, if any song anywhere in your library has Allen Toussaint with a sort tag (Toussaint, Allen), then all Allen Toussaint songs will show up under "T". It's an odd feature (bug?) of LMS.

p.s. I have often loaded up over 100,000 files in mp3tag and sorted, searched, filtered, etc.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yes, if any song anywhere in your library has Allen Toussaint with a sort tag (Toussaint, Allen), then all Allen Toussaint songs will show up under "T". It's an odd feature (bug?) of LMS.
    Still not sure I get it as the Allen Toussaint files are all 'clean' tag wise, and it's not that he doesn't show up under "T" it's that he does show up under "G"...but I'm gonna have a look under everything Garcia/Toussaint related and see what bubbles up.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    p.s. I have often loaded up over 100,000 files in mp3tag and sorted, searched, filtered, etc.
    Good to know!

Still not sure I get it as the Allen Toussaint files are all 'clean' tag wise, and it's not that he doesn't show up under "T" it's that he does show up under "G"...but I'm gonna have a look under everything Garcia/Toussaint related and see what bubbles up.
    But it might not be a "allen Toussaint" file. It could be a file from any artist that happens to have Allen Toussaint as a composer for example, and the COMPOSERSORT tag is set that somehow is causing this. I agree that it is probably Garcia related (given the G).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify