Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

CLI help for Loadtracks, loadalbum

Looking for some help regarding the use of loadtracks. I would like to use loadtracks and supply both the album name and artist to create the player playlist. Is there a way to return the requested result.

So far I have used: "loadtracks","album.titlesearch= name of album" and "loadtracks","contributor.namesearch= name of artist" but these of course independently return the albums and artists. Ultimately i would like to use something like: "loadtracks", "album_artist.search = name of ablum, name of artist.

I have tried loadalbum command but these required the exact match, the use of the, and improper capitalization leads to difficulty.

Any thoughts. The platform I am developing for interface is Home Assistant with Google dialog flow for use with google home and of course sending requests to the LMS server.

Thanks in advance. Yvon.

What I'd do is a search on the library first, which can give you album, artist and/or track matches, then select the best match and use the ID of the match for the actual playback command.

It's much more flexible and especially doesn't risk flooding the playlist with wrong matches.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    What I'd do is a search on the library first, which can give you album, artist and/or track matches, then select the best match and use the ID of the match for the actual playback command.

It's much more flexible and especially doesn't risk flooding the playlist with wrong matches.
    Thank you. This approach is certainly more precise than the loadtracks method.