Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well i cant remeber the exact howto as my Touches are boxed up but it was easy to switch to mysb.com you could even move that menu item to top menu if you so wished and getting back to the local server , you simply chosed "my music".
    Checked this on my radio that have the same UI i've had moved that menu to the top menu it could be under settings or settings advanced it's named "switch to mysqueezebox.com" .

So you should find it somewhere on the Touch itself .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

@ iPhone

Well of course you should be able to connect to MSB.com directly from a player.

On a Boom/SB3/Transporter, press and hold the left 4 way rocker button on the remote until it bumps, scroll to mysqueezebox .com > arrow right and you're connected. (I've just done it on my Boom).

On a Touch/Radio/Receiver, you already know how to do it. (I've just done it on both Radio & Touch).
    Server - LMS 7.9.2 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Tidal Problem "Connection Reset byLocal Host"

> *Michael:* do you want me to try a newer version on LMS on the Windows
    > 10 PC to what happens?

No, at this point I am wondering myself what could be the root problem.
    If it was a Windows problem then we'd have even more complaints than
    with Vortexbox.

I think you did double-check the ISP you and your neighbour are using.
    They're not the same, are they?

--

Michael

Taking a different approach.

Is this problem restricted to a few services such as Tidal butmost other play OK ?

The "connection reset by local host" TCP error is often a network error indicating that TCP acks for data transmitted have not been received. This would match with a burst of audio and then the error. Is there any security software or firewall that could be targeting the Tidal typetraffic (e.g. ports used, AV monitoring support app)

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Taking a different approach.

Is this problem restricted to a few services such as Tidal butmost other play OK ?

The "connection reset by local host" TCP error is often a network error indicating that TCP acks for data transmitted have not been received. This would match with a burst of audio and then the error. Is there any security software or firewall that could be targeting the Tidal typetraffic (e.g. ports used, AV monitoring support app)
    Well is just it, I am NOT actually get a burst of Audio. I get absolutely NO Audio. The track play timer moves from Zero on the left to about 10 seconds without any actual Audio output, then I get the "Connection Reset by Local Host" error when trying to us Tidal from LMS. When I put the Touch on MYSB.com from LMS using Extras/Music Source/MYSB.com, the Touch shows as being on MYSB.com in the MYSB.com Web GUI and when I select Tidal it goes there, if I select Playlists, it shows my neighbors Playlist, I select one, click on Play, the Icon changes to the Pause Icon, and I get nothing. No Audio, no track timer, nothing. After about 10 to 12, the Pause Icon changes back to a Play Icon.

I have no pay subscriptions but I able to goto Radios in the MYSB.com Web GUI and Select 80's and play the stream from the highest bit rate stream available to pick from and it played. I left it playing all night just to make sure and when I turned my amp back on in the morning it was still streaming audio.

Michael I believe my neighbor is on Comcast (I'll verify today) and I'm on AT&T Fiber.

Additional new info this morning (I am wondering if it might be related to having used LMS on the Windows 10 Server, I am back on the Vortexbox Server currently). Now when I goto Settings/Advanced/Networking and press on Switch to MYSB.com, it no long blinks once and makes the error "Donk" sound. Now when I press Switch to MYSB.com, there is an Error message and tells me to do a Factory Reset. I did the Reset and now I can switch back and forth from LMS and MYSB.com from the Touch. Additionally where as I had absolutely no local control at the Touch when using MYSB.com by switching over to MYSB.com via LMS, I have full control at the Touch. Next, if I goto APPS, I can now switch to Tidal (no longer get a Blink and a Donk), so Tidal opens and when I try to play something I now still get the "Connection Reset by Local Host" error message on every track. Is this because even though I have "switched" to MYSB.com LMS is still running on the Vortexbox? Should I shutdown the Vortexbox and see if I can still switch to MYSB.com locally at the Touch or do we want to troubleshoot from where am I now (on MYSB.com with LMS running on Vortexbox)?
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    Well is just it, I am NOT actually get a burst of Audio. I get absolutely NO Audio. The track play timer moves from Zero on the left to about 10 seconds without any actual Audio output.
    In general, the timer moving really means nothing - it is incremented while waiting for data from source, it just means that a setup has been attempted.

Sorry can't offer any more help as I don;'t know how LMS Tidal is implemented so I cannot guess why the network error happens.

Tidal tech support is telling me to disable ickStream and then reenable it. Before the last time I updated LMS to the current version, I had an ickStream plugin on the Settings page. It appears to be gone now and there is only the Tidal plugin? Note: I have started my own Tidal account for a month to make it easier to troubleshoot this problem.

When I goto ickStream's Site, all my Slim Devices Players are listed their like they are list at MYSB.com. Are they there because I used the ickStream plugin two or three years ago with my Tidal 30 day trial? I don't remember there being a Tidal plugin at the time.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Same Problem with Tidal "Connection Reset by Local Host"

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    Well is just it, I am NOT actually get a burst of Audio. I get absolutely NO Audio. The track play timer moves from Zero on the left to about 10 seconds without any actual Audio output, then I get the "Connection Reset by Local Host" error when trying to us Tidal from LMS. When I put the Touch on MYSB.com from LMS using Extras/Music Source/MYSB.com, the Touch shows as being on MYSB.com in the MYSB.com Web GUI and when I select Tidal it goes there, if I select Playlists, it shows my neighbors Playlist, I select one, click on Play, the Icon changes to the Pause Icon, and I get nothing. No Audio, no track timer, nothing. After about 10 to 12, the Pause Icon changes back to a Play Icon.

I have no pay subscriptions but I able to goto Radios in the MYSB.com Web GUI and Select 80's and play the stream from the highest bit rate stream available to pick from and it played. I left it playing all night just to make sure and when I turned my amp back on in the morning it was still streaming audio.

Michael I believe my neighbor is on Comcast (I'll verify today) and I'm on AT&T Fiber.

Additional new info this morning (I am wondering if it might be related to having used LMS on the Windows 10 Server, I am back on the Vortexbox Server currently). Now when I goto Settings/Advanced/Networking and press on Switch to MYSB.com, it no long blinks once and makes the error "Donk" sound. Now when I press Switch to MYSB.com, there is an Error message and tells me to do a Factory Reset. I did the Reset and now I can switch back and forth from LMS and MYSB.com from the Touch. Additionally where as I had absolutely no local control at the Touch when using MYSB.com by switching over to MYSB.com via LMS, I have full control at the Touch. Next, if I goto APPS, I can now switch to Tidal (no longer get a Blink and a Donk), so Tidal opens and when I try to play something I now still get the "Connection Reset by Local Host" error message on every track. Is this because even though I have "switched" to MYSB.com LMS is still running on the Vortexbox? Should I shutdown the Vortexbox and see if I can still switch to MYSB.com locally at the Touch or do we want to troubleshoot from where am I now (on MYSB.com with LMS running on Vortexbox)?
    I ran the Logitech Tidal app on my Touch using LMS 7.7.5 without any problems for months. Switched to LMS 7.7.6 and Tidal will not work doing exactly the same thing others have experienced. Shows it playing track for a few seconds without sound and getting the "Connection Reset by Local Host". Switched to LMS 7.9.1 and same problem is there "Connection Reset by Local Host" making Tidal unusable on my Touch. I run Windows 10 and have AT&T.
    Really like LMS 7.9.1 streaming lossless Radio Paradise.

No More Problem with Tidal "Connection Reset by Local Host"

Went on a short vacation and when I returned Tidal is now working perfectly for whatever reason. No more "Connection Reset by Local Host" issues.
    Thank you Michael for the very excellent LMS 7.9.1. It is fantastic and the new features are great!

Solved - ? Reason?

So is this issue resolved now?
    How?
    Maybe issue was on Tidal side?