Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Converting Itunes Artwork to LMS ? ...............................

I set up a RPi for a friend of mine. He had a lot of Music stored in Itunes.... I copied the Itunes Folder on his Apple to a Drive and took it home to convert to LMS.... I seemed to have got all the Music stored by Artist>Album>Track..... No Artwork however.

I noticed that under his Itunes Folder there is another folder called 'Album Artwork', however none of it makes any sense to me... (i.e. Files Windows Cannot Open etc.) So, my Question: Is there a straightforward way to Get the artwork into the proper Albums? Not necessary, but it would be nice.

I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I do know a solution you can use. It is called PerfectTunes and it will find missing album art for you and fix tags if you wish it to.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/perfecttunes.htm

It is a dBpowerAmp co-product from Illustrate. It found proper art for over 2000 of my CDs.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone View Post
    I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I do know a solution you can use. It is called PerfectTunes and it will find missing album art for you and fix tags if you wish it to.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/perfecttunes.htm

It is a dBpowerAmp co-product from Illustrate. It found proper art for over 2000 of my CDs.
    Thanks Much !! --- That'll Work Just fine ! --- And maybe straighten out my Music Library as Well !!

Years ago I used this program to automatically take artwork from the itunes database and embed into each file. It worked in a batch (automated) way and outcome was perfect. Easy to use. I think it cost $5.

http://www.maximized.com/shareware/icoverart/index.htm
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    Wilderness: PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

iTunes puts the artwork into its own database when you use iTunes' "get album artwork" command. I have used one of Doug's Apple Scripts for iTunes, either "Embed Artwork" or "Re-Embed Artwork", to fill what turns out to be artwork gaps in my library. Works very well!
    https://dougscripts.com/itunes/scrip...hp?sp=embedart