Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Classic repair?

All -

I've got a V.3 that's developed the weak channel problem on the analog outs. I'm working around it with a DAC, but would like to restore this thing to complete health - and I don't trust my soldering skills to do the work myself.

Does anyone know of a repair person/shop that does the work?

tks,

s.

Quote Originally Posted by satkinsn View Post
    All -

I've got a V.3 that's developed the weak channel problem on the analog outs. I'm working around it with a DAC, but would like to restore this thing to complete health - and I don't trust my soldering skills to do the work myself.

Does anyone know of a repair person/shop that does the work?

tks,

s.
    Not able to answer your question BUT I had the same ailment on my V3 Classic and ended up selling it to someone that only needed the optical out and then used those funds to help me buy a Touch. I did not trust my soldering skills either - shame though - I did love the "Slim Devices" name. "Logitech" is so mousy...

Good luck
    Jim
    All wireless (TM-AC1900) except NAS (ReadyNAS PRO - OS 6.9.1 - 3GB RAM - 3 X 4TB drives - XRAID2 - LMS 7.9.1 )
    Squeezebox Boom - Anywhere with an AC outlet
    Squeezebox Touch > Bose Radio - Kitchen
    Squeezebox Touch > Hafler 100 preamp > Hafler DH-220 amp > Sima SSW-L6 EX Speaker selector= Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II - Living Room, Definitive Tech ProMonitor 100 - Dining Room, Infinity US-1 - Porch
    Ipeng on an iPad controls everything!

Quote Originally Posted by usbethjim View Post
    Not able to answer your question BUT I had the same ailment on my V3 Classic and ended up selling it to someone that only needed the optical out and then used those funds to help me buy a Touch. I did not trust my soldering skills either - shame though - I did love the "Slim Devices" name. "Logitech" is so mousy...

Good luck
    Jim
    Thanks for the reply. I'll probably just buy another one off ebay, save this as spare.

s.

A weak channel is a well known fault that is easily repaired - see this thread https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ults-over-time

edit:

For pics and stesp see specifically this post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post851581