Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by relayer View Post
    Thank you for sharing your setup. It seems like a similar setup to what I have now. I'd like to get a system that doesn't require me to use different 2.4 and 5 networks. However, I wonder if that would cause trouble with the Squeezeboxes?
    SBs do not require a separate 2.4GHz SSID.
    I have a few connected to the now defunct (...) Airport Express, the thing is set to "auto", there is a single SSID, 2.4GHz clients (SBs) connect to the 2.4GHz antenna, 5GHz clients connect to the 5GHz antenna. Clients see each other and operate at different speeds.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    SBs do not require a separate 2.4GHz SSID.
    I have a few connected to the now defunct (...) Airport Express, the thing is set to "auto", there is a single SSID, 2.4GHz clients (SBs) connect to the 2.4GHz antenna, 5GHz clients connect to the 5GHz antenna. Clients see each other and operate at different speeds.
    Thanks, that's good to know. I wasn't sure if the SBs would get confused about the combined SSID.