Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andyss View Post
    Any progress on this?
    Just released an update - give it a try.
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Dear @Roland0,

thank you very much!

Now, the SB won't start the actual playlist, when it wasn't running before. Great!

One minor issue remains, yet: the SB doesn't get switched off after the announcement, when it was powered off before.
    So: the stopped state will be reestablished afterwards, but not the power state.
    That feels like a major work for a minor issue, so I'd totally understood, if you decided not to work on it.

Nevertheless, I like your plugin :-D
    Best regards
    karlek

The update works perfectly, thanks for that!

Does anyone know how to generate a playlist on the fly to use the pre-roll function?

Background:
    I'm using Node-Red to generate TTS alerts and currently tried to send a pre-roll sound and synthesized alert. Doing it in node red sends two audio files which causes a currently playing track in SB to briefly play between the two files. Hope it's clear what I'm trying to say.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to generate a playlist on the fly to use the pre-roll function?
    Why not use the method documented on the homepage?
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    Why not use the method documented on the homepage?
    I would, but I'm trying to consolidate all my rules in Node-Red. I actually accomplished it by writing an m3u file after the TTS is generated and send the path to this plugin.

Works great.

Thanks again for this plugin.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    One minor issue remains, yet: the SB doesn't get switched off after the announcement, when it was powered off before.
    So: the stopped state will be reestablished afterwards, but not the power state.
    Updated. Also added a "forcewake" parameter (default true).

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    Updated. Also added a "forcewake" parameter (default true).
    Fixed.Thank You very much! :-)

I don't understand how forcewake=false should behave. Either if set to true or false, it still woke up my SB (and powered it off again, afterwards).

And sorry for the late reply. I wasn't able to download the new version persistent. LMS always threw it away because of mismatching digest.
    Since I suspect my rather older version 7.9.3..., I made the step to 8.x, but to no avail and after that all seemed f*d up. This is something that has nothing to do with your Plugin – I'm pretty sure.

But it would be interesting, if I was the only one, who encountered the checksum problem.

I'm aware of others with similar issues, but I always thought, it had to with larger downloads or the internet provider, or so.

I finally catched the Download by a brute force shell script and copied the Plugin.pm in the directory under .../InstalledPlugins/...
    Running fine now. :-)

Best regards anyway and thank you very much!

karlek

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    I don't understand how forcewake=false should behave. Either if set to true or false, it still woke up my SB (and powered it off again, afterwards).
    Tested with squeezelite only, maybe a HW player behaves differently.
    If you want to help debug this:
    on the server, edit the file LMSannounce/Plugin.pm and change lines 214-216 from:
    Code:
    		#my $clientpower = $targetClient->execute(['power', '?'])->getResults()->{'_power'};
    		#my $clientpower = $targetClient->power();
    		#$log->debug("client power: $clientpower alt: " . $targetClient->power() );
    to
    Code:
    		my $clientpower = $targetClient->execute(['power', '?'])->getResults()->{'_power'};
    		#my $clientpower = $targetClient->power();
    		$log->debug("client power: $clientpower alt: " . $targetClient->power() );
    (i.e. remove the # from the beginning of the lines 214 and 216)
    restart LMS, set logging for plugin.lmsannounce to DEBUG, check the server logs for lines starting with:
    Code:
    handleJSONP cmd=
    handleJSONP targetClient=
    client power: 
    announcement discarded
    I finally catched the Download by a brute force shell script
    the link is in the repository's repo.xml file, you can simply copy it from there

Thanks again for the plugin, works (almost) perfectly i my setup. Just wondering if it's possible to specify a volume level when sending an announcement to a player?

Just wondering if it's possible to specify a volume level when sending an announcement to a player?
    new version adds a volume parameter