Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidhazy View Post
    Could be - but I can't trace the plugin script as to why it's trying to hit a TTS playlist when I've called it with a filename ie. cmd=announceFile

The file I specify "announceFile called: file=/volume1/Music/doorbell.mp3" exists and plays.
    This error message is a bit misleading due to the formatting, it's actually part of the previous line:
    Code:
    Warning: file:///volume1/Music/My%20Playlists%20(Squeezebox)/%EF%BB%BF%23EXTM3U found in playlist: file:///volume1/Music/My%20Playlists%20(Squeezebox)/announceTTS.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
    See here for details of what this message is about (TLDR: Ignore it, not an issue)

Anyway, I've published an update which fixes an issue with the player selection, hopefully that was the last one.
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    This error message is a bit misleading due to the formatting, it's actually part of the previous line:
    Anyway, I've published an update which fixes an issue with the player selection, hopefully that was the last one.
    Cheers - works a treat.

Thanks for your speedy work.

I can't add the repo to my LMS 8.0.
    I've seen
    Code:
     maxTarget="7.*"
    when I oben the repo.xml in a browser.
    Could this be the reason why?
    In install.xml on my LMS 7.9.3 there is
    Code:
    <maxVersion>*</maxVersion>

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    I can't add the repo to my LMS 8.0.
    I've seen
    Code:
     maxTarget="7.*"
    when I oben the repo.xml in a browser.
    Could this be the reason why?
    Most likely. I've changed it to 8.*, you can give it another try
    Haven't tested it on LMS 8, though (although I wouldn' t expect any issues that do not exist on 7)
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Now the repo is shown and I could (re)activate LMSannounce without ans problems. Thank you very much!
    As far I could test (file and TTS), everything works fine.

What I observed (also with LMS 7.9.3):
    1. If the desired player ain't reachable for LMS, another player is chosen randomly.
    2. Regardless of the previous state, the SB will continue to play her actual playlist.
      If the playlist is one of a streaming service, it is broken afterwards, btw.
      But that I didn't examine thouroghly yet.

So the message would be announced anyway, but sometimes with funny side effects:
    To protect the display from burning out, I unplug it, whilst not in use.
    While I was experimenting with a simple automation some night, I forgot about that and LMS chose the complete base group to announce.

With 1) I can live, but would it be possible to change the behaviour in 2) ?

Regardless of the previous state, the SB will continue to play her actual playlist.
    Just to clarify: Do you mean that if the playlist was paused before, it starts to play after the announcement ?
    This probably happens if the SB is set to automatically start playing if a playlist is loaded.

If the playlist is one of a streaming service, it is broken afterwards, btw.
    The plugin uses a function provided by LMS to save/restore the playlist, so this likely would have to be fixed there.

Just to clarify: Do you mean that if the playlist was paused before, it starts to play after the announcement ?
    This probably happens if the SB is set to automatically start playing if a playlist is loaded.
    If the playlist was paused or the SB was off, it will always continue to play the previous playlist, regardless which setting is chosen for that player. I tried even „Stop at power off / Remain stopped after power on“ with the same result.

The plugin uses a function provided by LMS to save/restore the playlist, so this likely would have to be fixed there.
    My Kids told me, I broke their playlists as I called for dinner. But I tried right now by myself and the Spotify playlist continued neatly.
    So, sorry for the noise.

If the playlist was paused or the SB was off, it will always continue to play the previous playlist, regardless which setting is chosen for that player. I tried even „Stop at power off / Remain stopped after power on“ with the same result.
    I just checked and the playlist resume command used by the plugin has an option to avoid the automatic start.
    However, since my desktop pc's monitor gave up the ghost recently and setting up on my laptop is too much of a hassle, this will have to wait until I have a replacement monitor.

I just checked and the playlist resume command used by the plugin has an option to avoid the automatic start.
    However, since my desktop pc's monitor gave up the ghost recently and setting up on my laptop is too much of a hassle, this will have to wait until I have a replacement monitor.
    Take your time, it's rather a nice to have than a must have. :-)

Any progress on this? I would love to see this implemented.

Thanks!