Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

would like to check PiCorePlayer CPU temp

Hello All,

my Raspi case came with a fan, which is very quiet, to be honest, but is audible nonetheless.

If it's not needed for PiCorePlayer, I'd like to remove it.

I would like to see the CPU temp on my PiCorePlayer, but I cannot find lm-sensors in the PCP repository.

Maybe the library has a different name?

thanks,

ciao,

-Gian
    town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

pCP web UI > Main Page > Extras (button) > Graph. The graph you see is just a test (I think ).

Click the Start button, then the stop button, you should get a red dot showing the CPU temp.

I have several Pi's running pCP 24/7 no fans.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    pCP web UI > Main Page > Extras (button) > Graph. The graph you see is just a test (I think ).

Click the Start button, then the stop button, you should get a red dot showing the CPU temp.

I have several Pi's running pCP 24/7 no fans.
    Hit the [Refresh] button rather than the [Stop] button. The [Start] button starts a script that captures the CPU temp every minute. After a few minutes hit the [Refresh] button and you will see the graph growing.

great! thanks!!

-G
    town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

For what it's worth the Pi processor will clock itself down to avoid overheating, so it's quite safe to run fanless.

And note that it's unlikely it would ever clock down so far it becomes unable to run a media streamer as it would essentially have to turn off..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..