Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

3D printable box for piCorePlayer based on official 7' screen and Hifiberry DAC+

Hi all,

I designed and 3D printed a box for a piCorePlayer setup based on RPi 3, an official 7' touchscreen and a Hifiberry DAC+.
    That make the object pretty clean, stable and I guess it may be useful for you, piCoreplayer lovers, so I share it to the community

You can download the files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2921656

Some image of the result:

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  81.1 KB

Looks nice. I know these things can take a lot of iteration to get them right. What did you use to design the model?

Oh I realize my phrasing was a bit presumptuous, I did not designed from scratch, I remixed an existing design and modified it to add Hifiberry Space and to make some tuning.

I used Fusion 360, and did a bit of reverse engineering to transform stl to proper step format.

And it's a bit unusual as you point out, but the first print was just perfect

Looks good anyway, and will be useful to people with this hardware configuration. I've only used Fusion360 as a means to convert file formats - AutoCAD is my tool of choice, and most people don't post DWG files, so it's not great at remixing. I may have to give Fusion360 a closer look.

7 inch display casings for music player

Quote Originally Posted by TheChrisP View Post

I designed and 3D printed a box for a piCorePlayer setup based on RPi 3, an official 7' touchscreen and a Hifiberry DAC+.
    That make the object pretty clean, stable and I guess it may be useful for you, piCoreplayer lovers, so I share it to the community :)
    Hi TheChrisP

Thank you for sharing your casing design.
    As I had looked for and experimented with the casing quite a lot, I eventually came to the conclusion I had to buy the rasptouch and pay them for the design craftsmanship and used materials.

Looking at theirs, you might want to add a few enhancements to yours. Of course only if you think they are valid.
    It seems you have not protected the side of your display, and have it resting on your desk. As it is thin and fragile the rasptouch bezel design might be helpful to you too. Look it up, GIYF

For me the placement of the pi pcb and HAT are important too as it dictates where the cables and connectors are.
    placed horizontally behind the display cable clutter can be somewhat concealed.
    In your picture , imagine the box to be a under the speaker with the same footprint.
    For me it is the other way around as the speaker is a meter tall.

Printing the case is a good way to keep the price low and allow everyone to make their own modifications and enhancements.
    And if you have a bezel around the screen, it is tempting for me to print one ( in black ) and add the rasptouch-like box behind it.

The modifications I added to my PCP/Rasptouch are not in line with the shaved design;
    IR receiver, IR transmitter, Rotary controller ( volume ), external WIFI antenna.
    A printed version might have room for those parts, and a disk, and an amp, and ....

Regards M-H
    Last edited by M-H; 2018-06-03 at 07:46. Reason: TYPO
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

I use this model

And the link :
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2154046